this problem is absolutely horrendous. basically, i think the trackball is selecting things by itself. so let's say i'm rolling it through my menu, an icon will pop up that i didn't select. the worst is when i'm writing a text message or BBM. i'll be typing, and then for some reason the menu comes up and "send" is selected without me knowing it. so people are getting text messages that are cut off.

could the trackball be dirty? has anyone else experienced/heard of this? let me know if i didn't explain this well. Thanks.
    05-29-09 02:43 PM
    I've never heard of this before but I suppose it could be dirty. Blow some air in there also if you are comfortable with it take the trackball out to clean it all out.
    05-29-09 03:04 PM
    The trackball could be dirty, especially if you carry the BB around in your pocket. Lint tends to accumulate under the trackball.

Have you tried a battery pull with the BB on, wait 30 seconds, then reinstall the battery? This will reset your BB.
    05-29-09 03:05 PM
    Alright so i took out the trackball, and cleaned everything up. I powered it back on, left it on my kitchen table. When i came back in the room, i picked up my phone, and it had sent 40 blank text messages to the first person in my phonebook. I have no idea what to do. Throw it out?
    05-31-09 11:54 AM
    Is it less than 12 mos. old? If it is, do a backup with Desktop Manager, then take it in for a warranty exchange.
    05-31-09 01:54 PM
    sorry to be a newbie but how do you take the trackball out
    05-31-09 02:20 PM
    sorry to be a newbie but how do you take the trackball out
    Its pretty easy to do, but hard to explain in writings. Just go to youtube, they have tons of videos there showing the step by step instructions.

Basically all u need is a small flat head screwdriver.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD