Hi,
    I have an unlocked curve on the Canadian fido network and usually I LOVE it, but I recently took it to the UK where I used an Orange pay-as-you-go data plan. While this worked super well, it started sending me sms notifications every time I received an email from my gmail account, but not the work related account I also have enabled. I was hoping switching back to my fido sin would stop it, but it hasn't! Does anyone have any suggestions? Fido customer service won't help me because I don't use their handsets!
    oh- and it doesn't seem to be a problem with "ozmail" like so many are having. The texts are exact replicas of the emails I am receiving, I just can't reply to them.
    Thanks,
    Alanna
    Last edited by boatdrinks; 02-27-10 at 11:43 AM.
    02-27-10 11:32 AM
    Email... Sends you a text message..?

I'm guessing that it is a autofwd. Try to stop it by getting into the settings on a browser. (Other than blackberries)

There should be an option to stop auto forwarding.

Good luck.

(More info would help... Like what account it is...)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 03:21 PM
    It's a gmail account, and when I receive a gmail, I also get a text message that is an exact copy of the email I received. The sender is the same and the body of the letter is also the same. I don't know how else to describe it. I thought it might be an autoforward, too, but I wasn't sure where to look to turn it off. Would it be in the handset or gmail settings?

Thanks!
    02-27-10 10:44 PM
    Gmail settings.
    Although I don't know why it would be there.
    Like. My text address is something like.
    (Numbers)@sprint. Messaging. Com.
    Or something.

Go to gmail settings. (On a computer)
    Look at the pop imap tab.

Or its forwarding tab.
    And turn off forwarding.
    That easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD