UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION: DSSMA INVALID STATE (5): 7 AND NOTHING IS HELPING......I have done a battery pull about 100 times, everything is working except I cannot read any new text messages, I can text and those are being received and then I will get a notification that I have a new message but I cannot read any new messages???? After reading about this error message, I am wondering if it is because of a new theme I put on my phone the other night, it was running very sluggish after adding that theme, so would I just need to update my OS and if I do need to do that, will it wipe out everything I have on my phone, if I am needing to do a back up and upgrade, etc, could someone give me step by step instructions on how I would go about doing that, I have never had to do anything like that before......ANY TIPS, ADVICE, ANYTHING AT THIS POINT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY, I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH MY BLACKBERRY BEFORE NOW!!!!!!
    07-05-09 10:26 AM
    If you think the theme has something to do with this, just delete it. On your device go to options/advanced options/applications and highlight the theme in question. Hit the menu key and delete. After its done do a battery pull and see if this gets you working again. Do you know what OS version this theme was made for and if in fact it was intended for your specific device? Your OS version is found by going to options/about and its the third line down. Check this stuff out them post back results. We will go from there.
    07-05-09 10:37 AM
    Yeah I deleted the theme this morning and did a battery pull thinking that might be the problem, however, its still not working, I don't know what's going on with it, I did download 2 apps yesterday from Blackberry app world, Phase 10 and Swoosh Sodoku and also added Uber Twitter but that all seemed to be working fine until last night and I was in the middle of emailing out some videos that I had taken and my phone just shut down on me and hasn't worked since as far as the text messages....My OS version is 4.5
    07-05-09 11:13 AM
    Agh, ok, just got a new error message that says, APP ERROR 523 RESET What the heck is going on with my phone?
    07-05-09 11:49 AM
    It sounds like a corrupted data base. I would start dekstop manager and go to backup/restore. Select backup and create a backup of your device. After you have done this I would wipe the handheld by going to options/security options/general options then hit menu key and wipe handheld. Now start desktop manager and go to backup/restore and select restore. Restore the device and see if this works.
    07-05-09 11:58 AM
    Keep me posted on your results. I hate to say it but it seems like you may be wiping your device fully and installing the OS again.
    07-05-09 12:11 PM
    I will let you know how it goes, I have been traveling all day and I didn't have the USB cable with me, I am about to start working on it, so do I just need to download the Desktop Manager onto my computer, which is a MAC by the way, is there something special I will need to do since I do not have a regular PC? I am so not wanting to do this, but I know its the only way to get it working right again....UGH :-(
    07-05-09 07:09 PM
    Also when I went under Options then Security Options, I didn't have a General Options selection, can you tell me again how I go about wiping my phone?
    07-05-09 07:11 PM
    UPDATE My phone is back, YIPPEE!!!! Thank you so much for your help.....I did a backup through DM and then wiped my phone and restored it, I got all my 3rd party apps back and its back to normal, I will be switching over to the Blackberry Tour on Sunday, but I am glad to have this one back up and going, THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH, for your help!!!!! No more error messages, whew thank goodness, what a nightmare!!!!
    07-05-09 11:55 PM
    congratulations
    07-06-09 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD