I'm trying to install the Sprint OS 4.5. Here is a link to where I got the update & instructions I used. w w w.nextel.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/blackberry_8330.shtml

I downloaded the 80mb update & tried to install. When I open the Desktop Manager, & then click on Application Loader, nothing happens. The Application Loader will not open.

I thought I might need to update the Desktop Manager software. I got that update also from Sprint here w w w.nextel.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/blackberry_8330.shtmlIt was a 332mb update.

After updating the Desktop Manager, the Application Loader still will not open.

The Desktop Manger is connecting to my BB b/c it shows my pin number, my phone shows connected to desktop & all the other functions of the Desktop Manager work. The Application Loader is the only one that will not work.

The Application Loader worked before I downloaded & installed the update b/c I've used it to install/remove games a couple weeks ago.

Anyone have any ideas & where I went wrong or how to correct my problem? Sorry I couldn't post direct links but I don't have a post count of 10 yet.

thanks in advance
    02-14-09 10:23 AM
    I'm trying to install the Sprint OS 4.5. Here is a link to where I got the update & instructions I used. w w w.nextel.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/blackberry_8330.shtml

I downloaded the 80mb update & tried to install. When I open the Desktop Manager, & then click on Application Loader, nothing happens. The Application Loader will not open.

I thought I might need to update the Desktop Manager software. I got that update also from Sprint here w w w.nextel.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/blackberry_8330.shtmlIt was a 332mb update.

After updating the Desktop Manager, the Application Loader still will not open.

The Desktop Manger is connecting to my BB b/c it shows my pin number, my phone shows connected to desktop & all the other functions of the Desktop Manager work. The Application Loader is the only one that will not work.

The Application Loader worked before I downloaded & installed the update b/c I've used it to install/remove games a couple weeks ago.

Anyone have any ideas & where I went wrong or how to correct my problem? Sorry I couldn't post direct links but I don't have a post count of 10 yet.

thanks in advance
    When you installed the new DM, did you uninstall the old one through the control panel? That's where I would start, uninstall the old one through the control panel, empty recycle bin, restart the computer. Your computer may be getting confused..........What system are you running on your computer? Vista, XP or Windows 7?

When uninstalling an old DM or OS, I like to run a registry cleaner just to make sure there are no conflicts. There are many free ones, I use Comodo........google it and I'm sure you will find it. It is amazing the amount of stuff that can be scattered around in a C drive.

Let's take this a step at a time okay?

Regards,

~Jazzi~

Last edited by Jazzi-Rocks; 02-14-09 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Added Info
    02-14-09 02:56 PM
    Thanks for the help...before I read your post, I removed all of the DM software. I then reinstalled the cd I got with my phone & the Application Loader still won't work.

I just read your post, so I will remove the old DM. The version of DM I have on cd is 4.3. According to BB's site, the new version is 4.7

After using a registry cleaner, I will download & install 4.7 with all the service packs & give it another shot.

thanks again for the help

I'm running Windows XP
    Last edited by lo life; 02-14-09 at 06:43 PM.
    02-14-09 06:00 PM
    Just checking another point, you didn't say that after you downloaded the 80 mg OS file, that you ran it and installed it on your computer. It must be installed on the PC before DM will know it is there.

Good Luck!
    02-14-09 06:54 PM
    I'm sorry, I downloaded & installed the new OS. I just got through deleting the old DM & now I'm getting ready to download the new DM version 4.7. Then I will try the application loader before I install the new OS again.
    02-14-09 07:24 PM
    DM 4.7 is meant for the newer BBs like the Bold and Storm. Using DM 4.7 can cause problems when upgrading on older BBs like the Curve.

I would recommend using control panel's Add/Remove Programs to remove DM 4.7 then download and install either DM 4.5 or 4.6 to do the OS install.
    02-14-09 07:53 PM
    This is getting ridiculous. I removed all BB software. I reinstalled DM v4.3 & for giggles I checked the Application loader & it worked fine. I went ahead & ran the 4.5 OS & then the Application loader would not work.

I have downloaded the OS from both the BB website & the Sprint website & both places the Application Loader quits working after running the new OS exe. When you click on Application Loader it will connect to my phone but never open the Application Loader window.

Right now I am updating my 4.3 DM to 4.6 & I will try the Application Loader again.

Can someone post a link where I can get a known good version of the 4.5 OS?

I am running out of patience. If I take my phone to a Sprint store, can they update my OS there?

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 10:28 PM
    Well after downloadimg DM 4.6, when I plug in my phone it says "checking device for updates". I thought I had it but after waiting an hour the message never changed, so I went to bed & 8 hrs later...still the same message & no update. I tried to open the App Loader & then plug up my phone but that didn't help either. The Media Mngr did work flawlessly.

I have now removed 4.6, cleaned registry & now I am going to try DM 4.5. If that doesn't work...I am off to the Sprint store.

Thanks again for the help

There must be some kind of issue with my OS & the DM. Its a cracked version of XP.

02-15-09 07:48 AM
    I ran into problems upgrading my OS while using DM v4.7. After I deleted it from my pc & installed DMv4.6 it was smooth sailing.
    02-15-09 09:59 AM
    I installed 4.5 & it does exactly the same as 4.6. My phone will connect, it will say checking for device upgrades & never do anything else. I let it set for over an hour this morning & still nothing.

The Media Mngr works with all versions. I'm going to go to the store this afternoon when they open & see if they can upgrade it.

Do a backup and then secwip your device then perform the update
    I don't know what secwip means? sorry
    Last edited by lo life; 02-15-09 at 11:40 AM.
    02-15-09 11:33 AM
    I think they meant Security Wipe.
    Let us know how it goes with the store.
    If that works no problems ten you hvae confirmed there is something with your PC and the DM program.
    Good Luck!
    02-15-09 12:06 PM
    Something others have done is to disable/disconnect their internet connection to bypass the checking for updates step, then loader.exe will proceed with the OS install.
    02-15-09 01:51 PM
    Problem now is that it's Sunday & they're closed. I will update the situation tomorrow.

Atleast I got my post count up past 10.

02-15-09 01:52 PM
    imho I would use JLcmdr to completely wipe the phoene and then use crackmem to reinstall the os. Those two programs make everything so damn easy. I give Kudos to the developers of them.
    02-15-09 02:05 PM
    that is not true i have update curve plenty of times with out any issues what so ever with DM 4.7 when you install it you just need to disable the auto update feature that it wants to install off the start that is what causes the issue.

this is really not as hard as your making it out to be follow the info listed below

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

for other issues or problems you may run into reference this thread as most of them are listed in there

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/spr...nguage-146679/

I really do appreciate all the advice & I have read over all of those articles & I'm pretty sure I know how to download & install the new DM & OS on my pc.

My DM works flawlessly whether its version 4.3, 4.5 or 4.6, I've downloaded them all. The Application Loader, the Media Manger, backup options all that work fine.

When I open the .exe file for the 4.5 OS whether I get it from the Sprint site or the BB site, the Application Loader will no longer work. I open the .exe 4.5 OS file, following the instructions on the screen & the links that you've provided & the OS installs fine, no hiccups or problems what so ever.

When opening the DM after installing the OS, when I plug in my phone it says "checking device for updates" please wait & it stays there for atleast 8 hrs before I hit cancel. Nothing ever happens from there. This is on the 4.5 & 4.6 DM.

If I use the 4.3 DM, the Application Loader just won't open.

Like I said earlier though, it doesn't matter which version of the DM I use, it works flawlessly up until the point that I install the new OS. The Media Manager works, just not the part of the program you use to install/remove apps or update the phone.

This morning I downloaded DM v 4.6, installed it & checked to see if it worked & it worked perfectly. I closed the DM, installed the 4.5 OS, restarted my pc. I opened the DM, plugged in my phone, the windows turns grey & I get a little window that says "checking device for updates". I leave the house & come home a few hrs later & it still has the little window that states "checking device for updates". I left my phone connected to my pc last night for over 8 hrs & when I awoke this morning..."checking device for updates".

I uninstalled the 4.5 OS from my pc leaving the DM v 4.6. I opened the DM & plugged in my phone & it worked flawlessly again.
    02-15-09 02:51 PM
    Something others have done is to disable/disconnect their internet connection to bypass the checking for updates step, then loader.exe will proceed with the OS install.
    Seems like you missed this, give it a try, you have nothing to lose.
    02-15-09 02:58 PM
    You're right, I did skip over that somehow. I disabled my internet connection & then opened the DM. I still got the grey window & I let it sit there for about 20 mins.

It says

Task in Process

Checking for device application updates...please wait

I've been waiting for 2 days...

thanks again
    02-15-09 03:43 PM
    I went to the Sprint store & they said they had a 45 min wait time. I left my phone & came back a couple hrs later & they had my phone updated & working fine.

I'm in the process of resigning into my apps.

thanks for all the help...I guess it is my pc
    02-16-09 12:21 PM
    I'm in the process of resigning into my apps.
    What does this mean?

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Upgrading is usually a painless process.
    02-16-09 12:29 PM
    I had to resetup Weather Bug & Sprint Nav. I had to resign my password into Slacker Radio & my favorite websites & rearrange my icons on my bb.

Its no big deal...just a little time consuming.

02-16-09 04:22 PM
    Help.
    i have install 4.7.0.90 and I cant get the internet browser i used the procedure as in 4.7.0.75 but did not work.
    Any sugestions
    02-16-09 10:13 PM
    Wow...after reading the above posts; I feel that dumb luck got me through the update process or maybe just "newbie luck". Glad to read that all worked out for you!!
    02-16-09 10:20 PM
    I think my problem all along was my pc. The guy at the Sprint store said my bb took the update easily without any problems.

He said they have the DM & the 4.5 software downloaded to their pc in the store & that's how they update phones. The only difference between them & me is the pcs.
    02-17-09 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD