Hello I have a blackberry curve 8300, i'm pretty sure i have an unlimited data plan because i'm always on my browser and constantly using blackberry messenger. I have a friend who lives in the UK and i'm constantly talking to them on skype, on my pc. I've downloaded the iskoot app and it seems amazing but my problem is this: my carrier is U.S Cellular and when i make international calls the charge is 50 cents a minute. I tried calling U.S. cellulars technical support team and they were clueless, they didnt even know what iskoot is. My question is if i call my friend in the UK from by blackberry on iskoot to their pc which uses skype, what charges if any will iskoot charge and will i still be charged the 50 cents a minute by my carrier? To make the question short if i call a skype using pc from my iskoot using blackberry, what will the charges be? Please help, Crackberry is amazing and has answered so many questions i've had and i know you guys will know much more than my carriers second rate tech team. SOS Crackberry!
    a user in need,
    internationalcaller
    08-19-09 11:57 PM
    If your application uses the phone at all then you will be charged phone time. If it is a true IP phone then you are only charged against your data plan.

For international and regular long distance calling I have MY5. I just get a calling card, put the calling card number into MY5 and call away! Only the calling card is charged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 01:57 AM
    Intentional calls all depend on the contract you signed so find the print out and look it over very carefully that's all I can suggest.

08-20-09 02:00 AM
    BUMP: international I meant!

08-20-09 02:04 AM
    Ok you guys are gunna think I'm an ***** but I'm not very tech savvy and I didn't understand what you meant. Is there any info about my cell plan I can give you so you can better analyze my situation?
    08-20-09 02:24 AM
    Inter, do you have a copy of your contract? It should tell you the info of cost of international call cost.

08-20-09 02:29 AM
    I would just go with the MY5 trick if your carrier has a plan like that. I use it for international calling all the time.

08-20-09 03:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD