After posting yesterday about my 8310 going mad and sending me 2 year old deleted emails it suddenly stopped working properly.

The phone itself is fine- I am recieving emails, SMS and calls and the trackerball works but only scrolling- the buttons don't work and neither does pressing the trackerball button down.

My boyfriend tried to fix it by taking it apart and therefore voiding my warranty

I have been advised this is normal a software fault- how do I go about rebooting? I have downloaded the latest OS to my PC
    09-08-09 02:05 AM
    After posting yesterday about my 8310 going mad and sending me 2 year old deleted emails it suddenly stopped working properly.

The phone itself is fine- I am recieving emails, SMS and calls and the trackerball works but only scrolling- the buttons don't work and neither does pressing the trackerball button down.

My boyfriend tried to fix it by taking it apart and therefore voiding my warranty

I have been advised this is normal a software fault- how do I go about rebooting? I have downloaded the latest OS to my PC
    To reboot you just do a battery pull. What OS are you running?
    09-08-09 03:12 AM
    4.5 I believe.

is this a common problem!?
    09-08-09 03:14 AM
    Sounds more like water damage than software. Here's the link to the latest OS which includes instructions on how to upgrade although I don't tihnk it is going to help.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-247389/
    09-08-09 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD