After reading - downloading and installing several programs, i still cant get a movie to play on my curve. Any ideas how to get this to work?
    10-25-08 03:44 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Audio Video Interleaved (AVI) is not supported on BlackBerry.

There are several conversion tools that can change it to a format your device will understand, including Roxio Media Manager. Roxio is a component of BlackBerry Desktop Manager, but it is a resource hog.
    10-25-08 03:49 PM
    Thnx noticed that there is a section for the 8330, but let me finish here, what format works the best for video on the 8330 ?
    10-25-08 03:54 PM
    Supported media types on the BlackBerry smartphone

3GP is the most popular directly supported media.

edit: I was wrong about not supporting AVI, but there are limitation.

.avi containing PCM, MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, H.263, MPEG4-SP, MPEG4-ASP, uLaw/aLaw, GSM610
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-25-08 at 04:07 PM.
    10-25-08 04:05 PM
    If you're by chance still looking for a converter, I use MediaCoder. To me, it does a pretty good job of converting .avi and dvds that I rip with no problems...

MediaCoder - Downloads

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 06:22 PM
    If you're by chance still looking for a converter, I use MediaCoder. To me, it does a pretty good job of converting .avi and dvds that I rip with no problems...

MediaCoder - Downloads

Is it free? I went to the site. I hope I downloaded the correct version and file. So many ad links on the site. Hard to tell the real links from the advertised links.
    10-25-08 08:39 PM
    What do the file sizes look like after conversion?
    10-25-08 08:42 PM
    cdf3- yes, its free. It does launch my browser before I can launch the program, but it doesn't seem like too bad of a program overall...

berry me- I think my episodes of Lost (about 40 some minutes w/o commercials) are around 90MB each. The Office (~20 mins w/o commercials) are ~40-50MB. Random movies are usually ~250MB, and all of those are at 25fps.

10-25-08 09:07 PM
    I downloaded it and did notice how it opened my broswer each time before starting the program. Kind of annoying. It it's worth it, then maybe it can be overlooked.
    10-25-08 09:11 PM
    I downloaded it and did notice how it opened my broswer each time before starting the program. Kind of annoying. It it's worth it, then maybe it can be overlooked.
    Yeah, I think its irritating also...but between that and DVD Shrink, my movie and tv rip/conversion setup is complete

10-25-08 09:19 PM
    Yeah, I think its irritating also...but between that and DVD Shrink, my movie and tv rip/conversion setup is complete

tigrey

Do you use both programs in order to convert a movie for your blackberry.
    10-25-08 10:10 PM
    tigrey

Do you use both programs in order to convert a movie for your blackberry.
    No, just to convert, I use MediaCoder (only use DVDShrink for the rip).

10-26-08 07:24 AM
    Playing AVI on BlackBerry Curve 8330? You can use a converter. Just google it.
    11-08-09 08:56 PM
    This had me stumped, but I figured out a way to do it.

1- open your iPhoto avi file with the QuickTime Player
    2- From the QuickTime Player, save the video as a movie (MVI) to your desktop
    3- Open iTunes and drag the MVI file to your movie library
    4- Synch your BlackBerry with the new movie selected

Ta-Da! It will play just fine!

Tom
    01-06-11 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD