dammit I should have gotten the 8330. Although I still have mad love for my pearl i just would enjoy the bigger screen of the curve more. Felt more like the do anything device that ALL bb's are. I can imagine that holding a bold or 88xx would make me want that above all...but I did notice that the pearl had a little more of a solid feel to it which made me happy....I also typed a little on the qwerty and it was pretty nice but definately not THAT great. I can fire away on my suretype board wicked fast now but I just know that I would love a curve as much if not more than my pearl. I just thought I would share and see what yall's comments were...any pearl users feel like future curve owners? lol
    10-30-08 09:32 PM
    Now imagine the Curve with code 4.6 (8900), I wonder what you would be thinking of next.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 09:38 PM
    I originally had an 8800 and after it took a few beatings going out I got a pearl just for that. At first I hated texting on it but now after getting used to it I sorta like it better than my 8800 and starting to use it every day now. like you said it feels more solid and you can go hella fast on the SureType!

10-30-08 09:44 PM
    If you change your mind and decide to go with the Curve - you'll love it! I have the 8330 and it's a great phone!
    10-30-08 09:50 PM
    yeah i wish i could afford both of them and had I checked them both out before my purchase I would have realized i wanted the curve more but I actually had to purchase it from 700 miles away because im outta state taking care of a relative and I had no idea about bb's before i lost my old sony at the fair so i have a little bit of an excuse. Gimme gps and i would be content with the pearl but just seeing that big old screen and realizing I could have gps on that made me start to second guess myself. Oh well I still love my berry and when its old and time to retire I know what I will want next (or have the wisdom to shop around a little more in person than just online and through the forums lol) If only I would have known that the next model up from mine would have givin me gps!!! oh well google maps is still fantastic and I dont travel that much so....
    10-30-08 09:58 PM
    i had a 8130 and i sold it and now i have a 8330 i like the larger screen and more memory on the curve but i could type faster on the pearl and i also loved the suretype on it.
    10-30-08 10:11 PM
    speakin of memory i did check her file free and it was at like 24 and my pearl chills around 27 now so i was like HA! but her available was like upper 80's lol

not to stray off topic but since i went to 4.5 my file available is no longer there i just see file free??? y?
    10-30-08 10:30 PM
    I love them both. They are both excellent BB,s. The extra memory on the curve 8330 is great, but I LOVE suretype. To see your available memory- On the homescreen- hold the Alt button on your left and type R-A-C-E.

10-30-08 10:49 PM
    wow thank you! see! so many little tidbits...its a never ending discovery with these things.
    10-30-08 11:37 PM
    You're welcome. Yeah, it sure is.

10-30-08 11:40 PM
    I kinda have a little buyers remorse too regarding my Pearl. Don't get me wrong, I love the thing and it hasn't given me any problems but the 8330 has so much more internal memory and the larger screen would be a nice touch when using the browser. I'm sticking with the Pearl for now and I'm pretty sure my next BB will be the 8900 with Sprint....if and when that ever comes out.
    10-31-08 03:01 AM
    I bought a pearl and was happy with it for a few months. Suretype was not as bad as everyone said it was. I tried a curve but was not super impressed, sure it was larger than the pearl but it just didn't do it for me. I upgraded to an 8700c and this thing is a hoss. I love the track wheel not missing the camera so much, the pictures my pearl took were mediocre at best. Not really missing the sd card either since I have an ipod. The only thing really missing from my 8700 is internal gps which a puck cures quiet nicely. This will probably be my last berry until I can afford a bold or javilin hopefully the trackball will be straightened out by the time I upgrade again.

10-31-08 04:37 AM
    My uncle got the 8330 I don't care for it I'm Gavin to teach him how to use it now if my carrier gets the bold I may upgrade that gig of internal sounds sweet but I love bein able to swap sd cards without takin the battery out and my pearl only froze up once since I got it and that was because I was loading a web page and hit the gang up key to view the time but I don't have any trouble from my track ball or any freezes other pearl owners have told me I would have so I'll stick with my pearl for now
    10-31-08 05:30 AM
    I have an 8120 and could have had an 8310 but the pearl is smaller, fits in my pocket and the screen is big enough for me especially compared to most nokias etc. I might buy a puck to give my pearl gps which would make it the ultimate smartphone.
    10-31-08 05:32 AM
    The Curve is great for me but I would understand how Pearl may fit the hand better.

10-31-08 06:13 AM
    I love my Curve! But after playing with a co-workers Bold, I am now in love with that phone. Only problem is that I am with Tmo.

So I will just have to wait patiently for them to release the Javelin.
    11-11-08 11:11 PM
    I have and love my 8330. It has all the features I need and use. It's an excellent device. I especially like the GPS feature. Being on the road means that sometimes driving directions are needed. I wouldn't go anywhere without it.
    11-12-08 05:56 AM
    Off subject sorry I come from treo world so never had a pearl. But one thing BB could use is a native program like phoneface picdial. here's the kicker it doesn't even need to be photos. Just a box or circle with contacts name you want to dial. speed dial takes to long for me if green talk button I go view speed dial then select the person click then choose mobile home work then click again. What would be perfect is an app that gos on ur main page then open it, it will have one click dial thats 2 clicks to dial a contact you can go to espn cnn cb cb store nfl nba mlb all from one click shortcuts why not phone calls ?

11-12-08 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD