I bought on ebay a Blackberry 8310 Unlock (att) and i sent it to south america (peru) but when my friend tried to activate over there, the phone carrier over there in Peru told him that the phone Pin and IMEI was activated and can't activate in Peru. how can i release PIN and IMEI from ATT? i called ATT customer service and they provide free unlock number, but they said Peru carrier has to release PIN and IMEI.

so i am very confuse, how can i release the pin and imei number?
    03-16-09 02:24 PM
    The pin and and imei has nothing to do with the 'activation'. all you do is insert the activated sim card into the device. Unless if your friend down in Peru is trying to use his phone with like a cdma network which would not work with a gsm phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 04:48 PM
    The pin and and imei has nothing to do with the 'activation'. all you do is insert the activated sim card into the device. Unless if your friend down in Peru is trying to use his phone with like a cdma network which would not work with a gsm phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

The pin is associated to Bis email, i can insert the sim card and navigated and make calls, but i can't receive emails BIS account.
    03-16-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD