The phone turns on and once it's done booting up I can use the wheel to scroll but i can't click on anything and none of the keys work. nothing but the wheel..

what can be wrong and would t-mobile cover this? i don't have a phone to call in right now so i have to wait.
    01-23-09 03:11 PM
    did you do a battery pull?
    01-23-09 03:12 PM
    Yes, that's the only way to restart my phone once the backlight goes off. or whatever the term is.

i just let my phone sit for an hour and put the battery back in and it started working again.. so idk what the problem was.

while texting i typed the 'h' button and it put up the menu like i clicked the mouse wheel down. then it did it about 4 other times and now it's not doing it.

idk why it's doing it but i'd think waterdamage.. and im sure tmobile would think the same
    Last edited by lolorcise; 01-23-09 at 03:20 PM.
    01-23-09 03:16 PM
    Is there any reason you would think it's water damage? IE you dropped it in a puddle?

could just be a hardware issue and T-Mobile should replace it without hassle.
    01-23-09 03:22 PM
    i was getting a bath.. my hand was wet so i wiped it off and it was maybe a little bit moist.. i changed the song i was listening to and then carried on.. i wanted a new song a few minutes later and none of the buttons would work
    01-23-09 03:27 PM
    Might be fried already, but you can try putting the phone in a bag of uncooked rice to try and draw out any moisture that may be in the phone.

And turn off the phone!
    01-23-09 03:34 PM
    hm.. in the back of the phone there's a little white sticker, I believe this is the one that shows water damage or not. If it's white then just back up the phone to your computer and take it back for replacement, or call T-Mobile whichever suits you best.

I've never had an issue with walking out of the shower just briefly toweling off my hands and checking the phone. It's shown to be fairly resilient to it.
    01-23-09 03:44 PM
    i don't see a white sticker in the back of the phone.. can you tell me where it's at?

forget that^ i googled it and found a picture.. yeah it's white, it's right above the sim card right?

now what the problem is that it takes a ton of clicks for the ball to click.. so it's a pain in the ***.
    Last edited by lolorcise; 01-23-09 at 04:12 PM.
    01-23-09 04:09 PM
    yes that's the one... best bet is to take your sim card and put it in another phone (if you have one) for a little while while your bb sits in a container of rice. or find a quick way to replace it either by T-Mo store or Tech Support
    01-23-09 04:15 PM
    im going to call tech support right now.
    01-23-09 04:17 PM
    let us know how that goes.
    01-23-09 04:31 PM
    free replacement.
    01-23-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD