Hi. I recently got a blackberry curve for T-mobile. I transferred my contacts from my SIM card to my address book. Some of the numbers had the U.S. country code on the SIM (+1), some of them did not. When people call me that had the country code on the SIM card, the name does not come up. I deleted the country codes from the numbers on the SIM, and I still have the same problem. Is there anything I can do to resolve this problem?

Also, I'm new to blackberry. Is it really worth it to update my OS, or should I wait. And if I should wait, how long should I wait until.

Thanks
    08-03-08 06:16 PM
    I don't have a SIM card, so Caller ID in my case looks up the number in the Address Book to find the name. If that's the case with T-mobile, then you need to delete the country codes in the address book, not on the SIM card.

As for updating, I encourage you not to upgrade until you are more familiar with your device. Otherwise, you will have a hard time following the procedure and will almost certainly end up with a non-functioning device. Wait a week or two, at least. Use your device. And don't fall for the temptation to install a beta OS. Read the forums and watch the problems other people have upgrading. Then, when you're ready, find the following post by bmcclure937: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/. Follow his procedure, and you if have any problems, people here will be able to help you.
    08-03-08 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD