my phone will not take a charge from the usb or the wall outlet. both are bb plugs - not aftermarket. i have tried to charge it with 3 different batteries with no luck. i have to charge the battery using my wife's phone & then i switch the batteries. any idea why i cannot get it to charge?
    10-05-09 09:05 AM
    Since you tried it with both the USB plug and the wall charger, you might have a broken USB port. Common issue on the Curves. If you don't have insurance or a warranty get a USB pod. It charges using the little copper looking pieces in the back.
    10-05-09 09:17 AM
    i just noticed that the charge indicator comes on for a few seconds then disappears. do you still think it could be a broken port? thanks for the info.
    10-05-09 09:32 AM
    I think so.
    My brother had this problem in the past.....
    I just sold my pod because it doesn't fit with my case, but it uses the contacts on the back of the device instead of the usb port.
    For 10.00 on ebay, its worth giving it a shot.
    10-05-09 09:40 AM
    thanks so much for the help guys. lookout ebay, here i come!
    10-05-09 09:42 AM
    The pod was so worth it.
    the light always stays on, but it is great....
    again only reason I got rid of it is because I didn't want to take my innocase off all the time.
    10-05-09 09:43 AM
    will i still be able to connect to my desktop manager?
    10-05-09 09:48 AM
    nope...it is only a charging cradle.
    syncing with usb has to be done through the usb port or via BT.
    10-05-09 09:52 AM
    sounds like the charger is not touching the wires on the inside had this problem with my curve a temporary fix is to take a small knife or something and pry open the plug so that its almost forced in and it should work. Wouldnt use it permanetly though as it could cause a fire if it gets to hot.
    10-05-09 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD