When I am on a call, it will suddenly shut off. There is no error or anything when it goes off or when I turn it back on. It will not power back on by pushing the power button. I have to do a battery pull. I'm about to call AT&T, but I like getting advice here first because it's faster and easier! Thanks in advance!
    PS: I have 15 megs of memory available, I don't know if that might have anything to do with it...
    04-19-09 10:28 AM
    How old is the phone? If it's a bit old, it might be a bad battery. Li-Ion batteries shut down when the voltage drops to low, or too quickly to prevent damage to the battery. My guess is that while on the phone, your voltage is dropping too quickly causing it to shut off without warning. My iPod did the same thing before the battery even dropped to 50%.

Try another battery first. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 01:21 PM
    I agree, try a new battery, same thing happened to me in Jan., I bought a $10 battery off ebay and my phone is working great once again with no issues.

04-19-09 01:52 PM
    Awesome guys, thank you!
    04-19-09 01:57 PM
    I agree, it's probably the battery. Try plugging the phone into a charger and making a call. If it is a bad battery, the extra current supplied by the charger will allow the BB to stay on the call without shutting down.
    04-19-09 02:24 PM
    So I know Ebay was mentioned as a place to buy a battery, but are there any other places that people would recommend? Online only? From an ATT store?
    04-19-09 08:52 PM
    Best Buy. I think they're $39.99.
    04-19-09 09:11 PM
    From Amazon, or Amazon sellers.

04-19-09 10:28 PM
    ok i just had the same issue....

1st- when you first got the phone did you let the battery die completely. they to do this because it resets the the phones battery.

2nd- call them it could be a hard ware issue.

3rd-it sucks when your addicted and your phone drops calls or even when your using it.

T-mobile is sending me a new one i just had the problem and called today. but i would try the battery reset first and see if that solves the problem.

OR do a "MASTER RESET" but ONLY if you have back'd up your phone may work may not.

GOOD LUCK!!
    04-19-09 10:57 PM
    So I know Ebay was mentioned as a place to buy a battery, but are there any other places that people would recommend? Online only? From an ATT store?
    This is where I got my second battery for my curve:
    Original Blackberry C-S2 Lithiumi-Ion Battery - Accessories Blackberry by N1 wireless
    I only spent $10 plus shipping. Great price.
    04-19-09 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD