I've had my curve for about 3 months now (if that).

I had some friends over last night, we were drinking, eating, and playing poker until about 2am. Maybe later as I crashed around 1 and they were still here.

I woke up this morning, looking for my phone. Couldn't find it. Check my online account call logs to see who I called last, to try and find out where I was or what I was doing when I used it last. Lo and behold I see calls placed to a single number about 3 times in the time frame where I didn't have my phone (10am, 12pm, 12:30pm).

I called the number and explained that my phone was stolen and it was used to call her earlier in the day. She claims that she wasn't the one on the phone, it was her friend, and she would try to get a hold of her to see who it was. Then I don't hear from her again. So I filed a police report.

Funny thing though, I don't think whoever took my phone realizes that I have BerryLocator installed The phone has been off every single time I call it, but the second I find out it's turned on, oooooh boy. Someone is going to see a very pissed off me on their doorstep.

I am extremely happy that I decided to pay for BerryLocator. I will keep everyone posted on what happens...
    12-06-08 06:50 PM
    Well I hope you get your phone back.
    12-06-08 06:52 PM
    Some friends you have But good thing you have a program on there. I really want to purchase BerryLocator or GetItBack, but as I'm on Verizon the main feature I want to use (GPS) won't work for me. Good luck!
    12-06-08 06:57 PM
    I hope you find your bb
    12-06-08 06:59 PM
    That sucks! Good luck getting ur phone back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 07:10 PM
    Just curious, what happens if the SIM card is removed or if the
    phone itself is wiped of all data and apps?
    12-06-08 07:16 PM
    Just talk to your I.T. department. They will understand.
    12-06-08 07:33 PM
    It was a personal phone, not a company phone. So no I.T. involved. And if the phone is wiped them I guess i'm SOL. But I think the person who took it isn't smart enough to do that.
    12-06-08 08:31 PM
    That really sucks. Good luck on getting it back. Does the berry locator work off gps?

12-06-08 08:35 PM
    That's messed up! Hope you ge it back safe
    12-06-08 09:51 PM
    wow.... that really sucks.. hope you get your phone back!!!
    12-06-08 09:57 PM
    Be careful showing up at a thief's house. If he steals from an aquantance, probably wouldn't bother him to hurt you - not that he's tougher, but he could use a weapon. Can't those who stayed point out who it was? Last thing, call the number again and tell her you're going to turn her in to the police. Might help to get your device returned. Good luck.

12-06-08 10:01 PM
    +1 on threatening the # w/the police involvment... Worked in a similar situation for me once with some stolen craftsmen tools

12-06-08 10:08 PM
    Yeah be careful definitely. A threat to the police to the girl called won't hurt. Hopefully berry locater works out. Would definitely consider buying it if you managed to get your phone back. Keep us posted and good luck

12-06-08 10:23 PM
    Good luck and let us know what happened
    12-06-08 10:26 PM
    Seems at least one of those at the party definitely wasn't your friend.

Good luck getting it back though.
    12-06-08 11:52 PM
    That really sucks. Good luck on getting it back. Does the berry locator work off gps?

Yes, it'll send a GPS locations with a map to whatever email address you send the email from. Basically, you send an email with the subject "findme" or whatever you want to set it to, it'll set off a looooud alarm, no matter what profile it is on, then it'll send a GPS location w/map reply to the email. It's awesome. I tested it when I first got it and it was great. Sadly the phone needs to be turned on to use it, and it has been off all day.

As for threatening her with filing a police report, I did that already. I told her if she won't tell me who it is by the end of the day, I will be filing a police report. Which I have already done. Still no response from her.

I'm not normally the type of person to call the police about ANYTHING. Actually this is the very first police report I have ever filed. But I have grown attached to my Curve, and I swear if it comes back with so much as a scratch on it I'm going to demand that they replace it. I'm confident I will get the phone back, just not on when or what condition it will be in.

Luckily, if I don't get it back, I purchased insurance when I got my plan set up. Still, I don't want to pay out of pocket for it. Atleast my MicroSD card wasn't in it.
    12-07-08 01:13 AM
    Sorry to hear that.
    "Friends", Who needs em?
    Good luck, and pls keep us posted.

12-07-08 03:25 AM
    Assurion will probably want a copy of the report when you file with them. They may push the police to follow up, but the cops are so swamped, they may not. Just svcks a person you know would do this. Do you have a recent backup? My backup saved me from spending hours entering stuff in my address book and bbm contacts.

12-07-08 03:38 AM
    well since you said you had YOUR friends over dont you think its a possible chance they took it? not saying they did but they could had did it as a joke...and if you going to use a program to find it wouldent the sim card or have something to giving it access to the internet or anything.so if who ever took it im sure they was smart when coming to that. but i dont think its worth getting cops in to this i mean its just a phone i could see if they took it while you was walking and try and run away with it but this aint a robbery here.
    12-07-08 03:47 AM
    Wow, that's messed up. Best of luck getting your bb back.
    12-07-08 03:48 AM
    Exelant is right. The cops do stay covered up. I can say that if you can narrow it down to maybe a handful of people, you stand a good chance of getting it back. If you have no suspects, there's not much they will be able to do. Assurion may indeed want a copy of the report, but they won't push the police to follow up. Honestly, I think your better off turning it in on insurance.

12-07-08 04:56 AM
    Wow! People can be so heartless at times. I hope you're able to get you phone back. Well, I hope whoever has it didn't go crazy using it and drained the battery! Best of luck to you!
    12-07-08 06:25 AM
    IMHO I doubt the cops will be putting much effort in trying to find ur phone. Just go with the issurance. I would think that is your best option at the moment. In the US do they do insurance at the actual store or do you have to actually go to your insurance company to get it done?

12-07-08 10:02 AM
    Oi...I had this happen to me a while back- one of my friend's "friend's" took it and stashed it in his backpack- I have MoosTrax on it though and it grabbed the GPS signal off the phone and I had it back in an hour- showed up while he was hanging out in a park with my friend and showed her the GPS map and said "one of you has my phone, turn out your bags and pockets"...dude apparently makes a habit of stealing expensive cellphones and didn't know it was possible to grab a GPS location off a berry...wow was he surprised!
    12-07-08 10:49 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD