I have a Blackberry Curve that seems to die on the 1st or 2nd phone call after charging. If the battery shows 3,4,5 bars it dies within minutes of use. Usually a burst of static happens twice then the phone shuts down and will not restart. A charge for just a minute brings the phone up and you will see 3 or 4 battery bars and it will die first phone call you make.

It doesn't seem to be effected by send/receipt of email, just the phone.

I took it to AT&T and they said the battery was bad. While there though I had them put my battery into their curve, and it made calls and functioned fine. I put it back in mine and it shut off again during use.

Apparently something is wrong the phone or unit itself. I have not tried a complete wipe or reset.

If there is any help, I appreciate your response in advance.

Shack
    01-24-09 02:08 PM
    The battery is shot. You need a new battery. That's what happened to mine, it would work in other phones but not in mine, got a new battery problem solved. I know, wierd!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 02:13 PM
    If you are under warranty get a new phone.

01-24-09 02:13 PM
    If the battery works on other devices but not on yours, then it's probably your device. I don't think a wipe/hard or soft reset will work. I hope you have insurance. If so, just have them replace it with a new one at the AT&T store. Good luck!
    01-24-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD