I have the blackberry curve 8330 from Verizon. I have been having terrible luck with this particular blackberry model since March. My most recent issue is the phone keeps resetting itself. Some days it will do it 3-4 times a day, some days like yesterday & today it does it every 10-15 minutes. Some days it doesn't do it at all. The phone has been doing it since I received it as a replacement back in April. I don't have the most updated OS (v4.5.0.175) because I'm afraid to update it. I had 5 phones in a row that everytime I would connect to the device manager and attempt to update it would completely lock the phone up and I couldn't use it and then had to wait for Verizon to send me a replacement. Quite frankley I'm sick of dealing w/ Verizon! I would think by now they would offer me to update to another model but that's another story. So anyway - I have read other post where it seems to be a media card problem but I haven't added anything to that beside some pictures here and there.

Any other suggestions? Could it be because of the old OS that I'm using?
    07-09-10 10:38 AM
    It's possible it is your OS. I had the same issue and an update cured it for me. Also, there could be an issue with your SD card. Try leaving it out for a day and see if the random reboots continue.
    07-09-10 01:31 PM
    It is probably a bad file/filesystem on your memory card. Do as trucky suggested and take the memory card out to see if the rebooting stops.

If it looks like the memory card is to blame, then you will have to move your files off the card and reformat the card, then move your files back to your card, preferably in small batches, so you can test the phone to see if it starts acting up again. Most of the time it is the filesystem and it is fixed by the format, but sometimes you will find a bad file that is causing your problem.
    07-09-10 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD