well i was doing a software update on my phone and after i restarted the phone, it was completely reset to factory settings. luckily i had just backed up my device. however some things were lost. my password keeper, games and others. the one thing i am concerned about it the alarm app i downloaded. i got it when it was on sale and now the price is 4 times what i paid and i don't think i should have to pay again. idk where to go from here. please please help me. thanks
    Last edited by redluke; 08-01-09 at 11:23 AM.
    08-01-09 11:18 AM
    well i was doing a software update on my phone and after i restarted the phone, it was completely reset to factory settings. luckily i had just backed up my device. however some things were lost. my password keeper, games and others. the one thing i am concerned about it the alarm app i downloaded. i got it when it was on sale and now the price is 4 times what i paid and i don't think i should have to pay again. idk where to go from here. please please help me. thanks
    If you didn't backup your third party apps then you may have lost them, search your PC for a file that looks like this (LoaderBackup-(DATE).ipd) and if you find one run backup/restore in DM and restore that file.

If you can remember where you purchased your apps from you can log in to your account and redownload them.

As far as native apps missing you can install them via DM, if you have the handheld OS installed on your PC then connect your BB to DM and run the apploader and check the checkboxes for everything missing and install.
    08-01-09 12:54 PM
    well i thought if i backed up my device on the desktop manager that everything would be good to go. is that not the case? i bought the alarm app off here. about 5 months ago. anymore info would be helpful thanks!
    08-01-09 12:59 PM
    well i thought if i backed up my device on the desktop manager that everything would be good to go. is that not the case? i bought the alarm app off here. about 5 months ago. anymore info would be helpful thanks!
    You should always backup your third party apps before upgrading the regular backup doesn't backup third party apps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

If you can remember the email and password you set when you ordered your app you can log in to your app store account and redownload your apps.

BlackBerry Apps My Account - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    08-01-09 01:05 PM
    Did you search for the LoaderBackup-(DATE).ipd file?
    08-01-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD