Is there a quick way to put your phone on silent or vibrate only. I don't use the sleeve so that's not the answer for me. When I go to a show, I'd like to simply quiet the phone then turn the ringer back on when I leave. I'm looking for a short cut.
    06-05-08 09:41 AM
    I have a pearl and I hold down the # key and it switches to vibrate and the same to switch it back to ring. Also if you hold down the star key it locks the phone. Not sure if it works on the curve but you may want to give it a try. Welcome to Crackberry!
    06-05-08 09:44 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion but it's a no go with the Curve. Any other suggestions out there?
    06-05-08 03:16 PM
    Change the order of your icons so that the one that looks like a speaker (sound profiles) is near the top. That way it is easy to scroll to and change your profile to vibrate or silent.
    06-05-08 03:22 PM
    You can set one of your convenience buttons to "PROFILES" so when you press that button you can select whatever profile you wish to use. I have my left convenience button set for that right now and it works well. This is the easiest way (at least for me) even though the Profiles icon is stuck in the bottom right corner with the Dimension L theme.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-05-08 03:23 PM
    Try Setting One Of The Convienince Keys To Your Profiles That'll Make It Quicker, Let Me Know What You Come Up With
    06-05-08 03:28 PM
    Oh and just FYI, to set the convenience key:

Options > Screen/Keyboard > Left (or Right) Side Convenience Key Opens: Profiles

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-05-08 03:28 PM
    Well Marine39 You Beat Me To It
    06-05-08 03:29 PM
    Thanks guys, I made my left convience key access profiles. This works great but now, how do I use the voice dial feature? I'm about 10 hours into my first BB and I feel a bit lost.
    06-05-08 05:25 PM
    If you want to leave your convenience key the way it is, you can access profiles by hitting the F key while on your homescreen. Of course you have to allow that setting by Phone > Options > General Options > Dial From Home Screen > No.
    06-05-08 05:48 PM
    hawg187,

If you want to leave voice dialing there, just follow gregski's post above. I don't use voice dialing that often and when I do, it's with a BT headset so I can just press the multi-function button on the headset and it'll take me to voice dialing. Otherwise, if you want to access voice dialing, just choose the voice dialing icon from the menu.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-05-08 06:10 PM
    I have a pearl and I hold down the # key and it switches to vibrate and the same to switch it back to ring. Also if you hold down the star key it locks the phone. Not sure if it works on the curve but you may want to give it a try. Welcome to Crackberry!
    Accidentally found out that holding alt-enter will also lock the Curve. Searched for a key combo for profiles, but haven't found anything yet equivalent to #. FWIW, there is a thread on shortcuts here
    06-07-08 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD