I have an 8310 on ATT running 4.5. For some reason my phone numbers are not showing up in my phonebook. They still on my saved speed dial, but can't pull them up for calls or texting.

Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 12:02 PM
    Thinking maybe Instango is interferring.

11-24-08 12:15 PM
    I'm not familiar with Instango. It sounds like you may have inadvertently filtered your Address Book. In the Address Book, press Menu, Filter, and ensure that no categories are checked. Back out, save changes if you made any, and see if that restore your addresses.
    11-24-08 01:21 PM
    No catagories are checked.

For example. Sometimes I will pull address and I will have the address and phone numbers. Other times I will have the address with no numbers shown.

Even though the numbers won't be shown, I can still use the speed number to call it.

Example, I have my boss's address with work, cell and fax number saved and saved to B. I will pull up the address and the numbers are there and everything is good. Later, I will pull up the address and the numbers are not shown but I can hold down B and call his work number. Later still (or restart my phone) and the numbers will show up.

No clue what is causing it.

11-24-08 06:31 PM
    Very odd. Have you pulled your battery since the problem began? If you have, then I think you're back to your original suspect. Can you uninstall Instango?

Another thought: are you running Facebook? I recall some similar problems associated with it.

11-24-08 08:08 PM
    I uninstalled instango and have done several battery pulls. I haven't had facebook on my phone in a while. I have the myspace app for now to play with it. The only other program that interfaces with the address book is google sync.

11-26-08 07:55 AM
    The only other suggestion I have is to first remove myspace, then google sync, and see if you can isolate the problem to either app. If you find the solution, be sure to post it for the benefit of the next person to have the problem.
    11-26-08 01:52 PM
    Well I took off google sync and changed back to no duplicate contacts. Everything seems okay so far. Going to give it a few days to see how it goes.

11-27-08 08:13 PM
    Google sync is the culprit. Same thing on my end I had to disable contact sync and only allow calendar sync. Google didn't get this one right on the 1st try.

11-27-08 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD