Hello my friends phone hasn't been working correctly. His space bar doesn't respond sometimes and when he clicks on the click wheel, his call log comes up no matter what application he has selected. Not to mention that when he presses delete, it automatically types 14 as if he's typing in a phone number to call. Is this a known issue or maybe he has his hot keys messed up? Or do you think the phone is possibly broken and needs to be replaced? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    05-08-09 08:47 PM
    Sounds like liquid/moisture has got in the keypad area.
    05-08-09 09:14 PM
    Im no expert, but it does sound like something is wrong.
    05-08-09 09:42 PM
    Have they tried a battery reset as well? with the phne powered on pull the battery for about 15 secs. If this does not resolve it, have him sync the device and wipe it. Do not so a back up, for if it a corruption, a restored back up might bring it back

If that does not resolve it, a replacement might be in order.
    05-08-09 09:42 PM
    Ok thank you guys for your info. Ill check if it is possibly moisture/liquid and the reset. If not well then a replacement is in order then. Thanks again.
    05-08-09 11:27 PM
    Sounds like moisture or junk under the keyboard. I got fry grease from my fingers under the keypad and it did the exact same thing. My delete typed 14 and all. A little rubbing alcohol wiped over the keyboard and some time to dry fixed it good as new!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD