Why did u even bother asking u were obv just gonna get the curve neway

Just wanted to hear one person agree with u ti give urself satisfaction

Another useless thread, given the initial post the curve is not the answer, but the "the curve is a great txting phone" misinformed hipsters who thinking having a curve for no real reason will disagree with the informed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is uncalled for, the man was looking for advice and information. CB is all about people helping people, not people being rude and flaming other people.
    05-13-08 12:31 PM
    OK time for my 2 cents worth here.

Never buy a Moto, they look nice but always end up with software issues. I know I used them for years.

Windows Mobile phones are also a pain, pretty on the surface but a pain in the tush none the less. Blackberries are very very stable and very easy to use. My vote is either the Pearl or the Curve, depending on size or keyboard preference.

Now a quick story. My 22 year old son kept asking me what kind of phone was best for texting (he usually sends in the 3000 sms per mo. range) so I bought a used Pearl for him to try out, knowing if he didn't like it I could resell it without a loss. Fortunately he fell in love with it and although he wasn't interested in the data plan when he picked it up, less than 12 hours after having it in his hand he decided he needed that too. Ahh he was in love, as I knew he would be if he'd just gave Blackberries a chance. He's happy with his Pearl and I'm happy because I used that little Pearl to help barter him out of his old car (that he no longer drove) and my 16 year old now has her 1st car. And yes he got more than just the Pearl but it was the incentive he needed to give up the car. hehehe

You see, there is almost always a happy ending when there is a Blackberry involved!

Oh and "No I don't pay his cell bill, he's and independent self supporting young man who just trusts his mother's opinions", at least part of the time.

As Always....
    05-13-08 02:12 PM
    Why did u even bother asking u were obv just gonna get the curve neway

Just wanted to hear one person agree with u ti give urself satisfaction

Another useless thread, given the initial post the curve is not the answer, but the "the curve is a great txting phone" misinformed hipsters who thinking having a curve for no real reason will disagree with the informed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

You are a real prize. SO let me get this straight, only those who agree with you are right? And you are lecturing us on whether it's a good texting phone or not while mangling your english and using text speak yourself? He asked an opinion on which Blackberry, not your OPINION on whether his son was a dead beat freeloader, or if he met YOUR criteria on who can and cannot have a BB device.

That's not informed, that's arrogant presumption.

And is 'neway' so much easier to type than ANYway - it's one. letter. Since you are so enlightened and informed I await your reply.

EDIT

I assume since you are a 24 year old college student yourself there's some sour grapes involved here...
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-13-08 at 02:34 PM.
    05-13-08 02:24 PM
    The only phones I would recommend that aren't BBs are the following:

LG Vu (this isn't a smartphone though)
    iPhone (needs the data plan to have phone, may be out of the running.)
    Tilt (only winSLOW device, I would tell him to get.)

Other than that, I would say a Pearl then Curve. I say Pearl because I'm 23 myself and rather have Suretype over QWERTY. After the phone learns your words, you're set.
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 05-13-08 at 02:29 PM.
    05-13-08 02:27 PM
    While I go Pearl over Curve, the reason I said Curve was the medical school thing. The Curve, to me, would be better for the medical applications he can use...

Of course, it's pointless since only those with data plans can have a BB device, and there's some sort of ritual testing involved before some people will allow you to have a Blackberry. *rolls eyes*
    05-13-08 02:31 PM
    I have a curve and love it. Im almost 30 but I agree that he should pick it out. The BB was a little overwleming the first couple of days, but I wont own anything else. Its just that good. I've had Treo's, Iphones u name it and my curve has been the best by far.
    05-13-08 03:54 PM
    Now that you said he's in med school I highly recommend the Curve. He'll be able to load some great med apps. I have a few on my Curve and would be lost without them. I use epocrates and a few others.

Definitely get him the Curve it will serve him better in school and later in his career.

Edit: Not to mention there's a flashcard like program out there to help him with his studies.
    Several people have mention this about the med apps. That even helps seal the deal more.

Thanks everyone for the helpful comments. For the rest of you that made negative comments, so what. As long as it's MY money that's being spent, don't worry about it.
    05-13-08 08:57 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD