I have a Boost 8330 that I have had sense mid Feb. I have had no problems what so ever untill about a week ago. It has started bleeding memory every day, to the point of resetting about 4 times a day. I tried removing most of my 3rd party apps including BeWeather which was the culprit. This helped SOME but it is still doing it about twice a day. I have been keeping close eye on the available mem. and it goes from about 18 to a shut down in the space of about 15 minutes. Something is drawing memory and very suddenly. All I have left for apps is Drivesafely (rearly on) Iheartradio (rarely used) and Opera. I keep my mms and sms msgs cleaned out. My phone came with the latest OS and I haven't moded it. Any ideas?
    04-05-10 08:39 AM
    I have had similar things happening. I do have lots of apps but I can gain back 10 or more mb per quickstart. I try to do once a day. I am not sure what is causing it but quickpull does help as it can be scheduled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 08:59 AM
    Sounds like you are thinking of the common problems.

Maybe more information here How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com

New app recently? New theme recently?
    04-05-10 09:24 AM
    TY but I have read this and have been doing these things regularly. No new apps or theams lately.
    04-05-10 10:42 AM
    TY but I have read this and have been doing these things regularly. No new apps or theams lately.
    Bad news. May be time for a wipe and OS reinstall.
    04-05-10 11:08 AM
    Same thing happens to me. I would have like 34 MB when I start the day, and by the end I have 27 MB. Like derrickps said, use quickpull. I schedule my phone to restart everytime at 2 AM. Since I'm not using it at that time, and also I put it so my phone is turned off from 2:20 AM to 5:00 AM (I wake up everyday at 5:30). This makes sure that I have the max memory when I wake up. So just search on the apps for quickpull, its a free app.
    05-19-10 08:43 AM
    You might also consider downgrading your OS to 4.5. Since I have an 8330m, I am forever stuck with 4.5, but my device runs great. Maybe someone who has upgraded an 8330 from 4.5 to 5.0 can tell you what the trade-offs are.
    05-19-10 08:52 AM
    You might also consider downgrading your OS to 4.5. Since I have an 8330m, I am forever stuck with 4.5, but my device runs great. Maybe someone who has upgraded an 8330 from 4.5 to 5.0 can tell you what the trade-offs are.
    Yea I forgot that might be another factor too. You have the Boost Mobile curve with OS 5.0, but i have the Sprint curve. Still even if that is the reason why try and use what I said. See if it helps at all, and thanks for pointing that out ttfmaep. I didn't notice that.
    05-19-10 09:38 AM
    Have you tried this. From your pictures or music folder hit menu. Go to options and make sure Device memory limit is set to 5 mb not 32 mb. It seems to have solved my issues.

05-20-10 07:59 AM
    Have you tried this. From your pictures or music folder hit menu. Go to options and make sure Device memory limit is set to 5 mb not 32 mb. It seems to have solved my issues. Also set reserved picture memory to 0 mb. Hope this helps.

05-20-10 08:00 AM
    Oops Sorry for double posting!

05-20-10 08:01 AM
    I had my phone almost a year & a half when it started its random rebooting thing. After months of trying various things like getting rid of apps, multiple system wipes, etc...
    I got a new battery. No more rebooting. Got it for $12.99 plus free shipping online.
    05-20-10 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD