Phone keeps resetting on its own!
10-26-08 08:21 AM
- Like every minute! My phone keeps resetting itself, and I have to wait with a white screen and a spinning hourglass until it boots up. It started happening after I copied some mp3s onto the memory stick. I "safely removed" my hardware, and it's been doing this ever since!
Help!10-24-08 03:23 PM
- jeffhRetired ModeratorIt sounds like you may have inadvertently copied your files into device memory instead of the Media Card and caused a low memory problem. Can you check your memory? If Options / Status / File Free is less than 12 000 000 bytes, you need to free up memory. The Memory Optimization Procedure in my sig can help. If the mp3s are in device memory, you can use Media Manager to move them to your Media Card. It's normally not necessary to use the "Safely Remove Hardware" function.10-24-08 03:32 PM
- It sounds like you may have inadvertently copied your files into device memory instead of the Media Card and caused a low memory problem. Can you check your memory? If Options / Status / File Free is less than 12 000 000 bytes, you need to free up memory. The Memory Optimization Procedure in my sig can help. If the mp3s are in device memory, you can use Media Manager to move them to your Media Card. It's normally not necessary to use the "Safely Remove Hardware" function.
I agree, sounds like a memory issue. Go through the clean up steps in the link in either of our signatures and that should clear it up..10-24-08 03:38 PM
- it 's working properly (i.e. not resetting itself constantly) without the memory card. So I took the opportunity to look at my status, and I've got 13426549 Bytes free. Now I don't know how I can clear this up - my usb card reader doesn't work with my 4GB microSDHC... and I'm guessing that if I put it back in the phone (which I have to try) it's going to start resetting.
Could I possibly connect it to my pc as soon as it's finished resetting, and access the card that way?10-24-08 03:44 PM
I don't think that's the problem, because my phone was working fine before and I didn't install any new apps today - in fact it was at 10MB before I did some cleaning... so now it's got five MB more than it had, and it wasn't resetting all the time before. I don't know what to do.
I've deleted the last few things I added to my card before it went wrong, but it's still resetting itself - not as often, mind.10-24-08 05:09 PM
- wow reading this clarifies what happened to me yesterday when I got the curve. I put in my old media card I had used for the pearl I had. The darn phone kept resetting itself CONSTANTLY. So I went to get a new curve today and the guy told me to not put in the media card. So far, the new one hasn't resetted on me... So should I NOT put in the old media card on my new phone?10-24-08 05:17 PM
- Well I seem to have fixed the resetting problem - by deleting all my music from the device
I'm wondering if the phone is having a problem dealing with that amount of data - I had 2.5GB of music. But it's supposed to support upto 16GB isn't it?
I wish there was a more elegant solution than having no music on my blackberry...10-24-08 10:08 PM
- I've sorted it!
I formatted the microSD card in the phone and then copied back all my music.
I had never formatted it in the phone because the curve recognised that the card had 3.7GB available, and so I assumed everything was fine and dandy. It was until I filled it with a significant quantity of data - my guess is when it surpassed 1GB but it's only a hunch.
So, moral of the story... format your memory card in the phone!10-26-08 08:21 AM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Curve 83xx
Phone keeps resetting on its own!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD