for some reason my phone will go into standby mode for some reason, and once it does i cant get it out. is there any way i can just disable standby mode? Also any idea how it would work for warrenty, i have t-mobile and the phone in under a year old?
    08-03-08 11:51 PM
    hmm i havent heard of this
    u have to hold the mute to do this
    and all you have to do to get it out is just press the mute button(big silver button on top)
    is your battery low?
    i know in settings there is an automatic off for your bb but other than that this stumps me??
    08-03-08 11:54 PM
    yea, the mute button on the top of the phone, its weird it will do it at random times.
    08-04-08 12:25 AM
    like while in your pocket or you wont be touching it and it will do it
    08-04-08 12:31 AM
    I'm having the same type of issue with a co-workers BB curve.

Literally every to every other second it'll pop up saying "Entering standby mode. Press the Mute Key again to exit standby mode."

I decided to wipe the device and once it loaded, it started doing it again right away. Now the device is fighting with itseld going between the wizard to setup the phone and the stupid standby messge.

So now I have a fresh device that still won't stop displaying this message. Battery is at 100%. It takes quite a while to navigate using the phone but I'm out of ideas. When I wiped it, I made sure to remove all third party programs as well. I'm considering re-installing the OS. Hopefully that'll work :-/
    08-15-08 12:22 PM
    After 3 hours of messing with the BB, did a wipe, reinstalled the OS and still has the same issue! The box will not stop popping up every second or two. Time to have my co-worker take it in to ATT.
    08-15-08 03:21 PM
    sounds like a buggy BB, would def tell them that you want a new one
    08-15-08 04:33 PM
    hey bsprogs.....did u ever find a solution to that problem u have. i am having the same problem on my 8900...

thanks
    07-01-09 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD