My phone has been displaying the Hourglass icon that you see when powering up or down, but it has been displaying it all day at about every 5 seconds. The delay it causes has become quite hasselsome.

Any ideas what this may be or has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
    09-24-08 08:58 PM
    Do you use Facebook or Viigo?
    09-24-08 09:02 PM
    i've seen that issue a few times in my store. I've spoken to my rim rep and he said just to reload the software from bb. if it doesn't work then you'll have to do a warranty swap unless your outside of the 1 yr.
    09-24-08 09:04 PM
    i've seen that issue a few times in my store. I've spoken to my rim rep and he said just to reload the software from bb. if it doesn't work then you'll have to do a warranty swap unless your outside of the 1 yr.
    Let's not jump to an extreme resolution just yet. Should do some troubleshooting first.
    09-24-08 09:08 PM
    This can happen if you browse to web sites that run certain java scripts. The only fix is a battery pull.
    09-24-08 09:52 PM
    have you tried a reset of your phone to see if that helps?
    09-24-08 10:25 PM
    Another thing to check is your memory status. Seriously low memory will cause that symptom too.

Options / Status. What is your file free memory?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 10:30 PM
    my phone is doing the same thing... ....did you find or have any solution to resolving this... ?
    06-23-09 02:39 PM
    Check your file free memory. Options > Status.
    06-23-09 03:04 PM
    Had this same problem myself yesterday. Turned out that I had not exited my Twitter client properly and the client was polling for updates. That was the whole problem.

Stupid hourglass drove me crazy to the point where I deleted a theme I paid for thinking that may have been the issue. Point is, DON'T do anything drastic without further investigation.
    06-24-09 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD