Ok, so I first noticed my phone going off on its own when I was on a phone call and all of a sudden it starting switching on and off mute and it is getting worse now. Also my "P" button started acting like the push button on the scroll ball. Now my phone is constantly acting like the scrollball button is being pushed constantly. The phone has been dropped and has a small crack in the corner. But this did not happen after a drop it was dropped about two weeks ago and is all of a sudden now acting up. I took it to AT&T and ofcourse they instantly saw the crack and said I have to get a new phone.
    If anyone can help PLEASE
    04-16-08 04:29 PM
    im guessing you have already taken the battery out while the phone is on, maybe you should try to reload the OS. those are just suggestions if you dropped it hard and its messed up the hardware inside then the at&t suggestion might be right
    04-16-08 04:34 PM
    These are the EXACT same symptoms I had with my last device. I had to return it to my carrier for a replacement.
    04-16-08 05:25 PM
    Did you get the phone wet?
    04-16-08 05:39 PM
    I have taken the battery out while phone on. And no it did not get wet. If i bought it from at&t is there any chance of working around the store and getting a repair or a cheaper second phone???
    04-16-08 06:42 PM
    Sounds like your Berry is addicted to crack.......
    04-16-08 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD