Last night I was playing around with my phone, deleting a bunch of TM's, actually, 'cuz my memory tends to get a little low, when all of a sudden the phone froze up. Well, it does that from time to time, I do a battery pull and everything's fine. So I pulled the battery and when the phone lit up again, it was still frozen on that exact same page where I had left it. It is totally unresponsive, nothing will work.

I took the regular SIM card out (is that what they're still called), as well as the media card (4 G), put it back in, same thing. Then I took out just the media card and guess what? It works perfectly fine, but I don't have the media card now.

I called ATT this afternoon and they told me that that "just happens" sometimes. They said it's not a bad media card and it's not a bad BB, it just is an incompatability that occasionally happens.

WTF???? Can anybody help. Please?
    04-21-09 05:18 PM
    its possible you have a currupted media file. if it keeps doing that and the only way to fix it is to take the media card out, you will need to empty your card of all files and slowly put them back on one by one. that is the only way to find the corrupted file.
    04-21-09 05:35 PM
    How do I empty the card? I guess on DM? That won't corrupt my computer, would it? And the only things I have on my media card are lots of family pictures and a few ringtones I've had for months.
    04-21-09 05:39 PM
    empty it by just plugging the phone into the computer and go to the removable drive that is your bb and drag and drop everything off of the card and onto your desktop. a corrupted file is kinda like something you ate that just doesnt agree with your stomach.. if that gives you a visual, so be it its not a virus or anything too bad..
    04-21-09 05:42 PM
    Try reformating the phone
    04-22-09 12:15 AM
    Reformatting the phone?

CBreeze, if you dont want to loose the contents of your card, you are going to have to copy them over to your PC. Once you do that, put the card back in your BB. Go to Options | Media Card | Menu Button | Format

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 01:06 AM
    Reformatting the phone?

CBreeze, if you dont want to loose the contents of your card, you are going to have to copy them over to your PC. Once you do that, put the card back in your BB. Go to Options | Media Card | Menu Button | Format

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok, gotcha, thanks! Thanks to everybody!
    04-22-09 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD