The phone doesnt stay on. unless the charger is in the phone, it says, "battery drain, now shutting down".

Ive bought a new battery and that doesnt change it. Sometimes I play around with the phone and the battery is not low battery and works until I take the battery out of the phone. then it just goes to low battery again.

I dont know what needs to be changed or what needs to be done. help would be appreciated.
    07-01-10 12:23 PM
    Are the battery contacts loose or dirty? It sounds like the battery is not making good contact. You could try cleaning the battery contacts with a pencil eraser.

Cleaning battery contacts to keep your laptops, portable dvd players, etc operating properly - FixYa
    07-01-10 12:39 PM
    well I took off connectors off of another curve 8320, and it does the same thing.

well, over night, i changed the part and saw it was full battery by morning. I was all happy, took the battery out, put phone back together and here we go, back to where we started.
    07-02-10 09:38 AM
    the connectors are clean. There are times when it fully charges, if I take the battery out for a good 5-10min, it says battery drained when I put it back in.
    07-13-10 12:11 PM
    Is your BB still under the manufacturer's 12 month warranty? It sounds like you have a problem somewhere in your power circuit.
    07-13-10 01:11 PM
    Is your BB still under the manufacturer's 12 month warranty? It sounds like you have a problem somewhere in your power circuit.
    He would have voided his warranty by taking it apart.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-13-10 01:13 PM
    Yes I probably do. Its not under warranty anymore for the fact that I replaced parts on it and plus its been over a year.

how to fix it though?
    07-29-10 01:07 PM
    did the phone ever got wet? have u dropped it hard?

PS:I had a galant VR4 long time ago....fun DSMs
    07-29-10 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD