Well, I left my phone in my pocket. When I got home after school, my phone wasn't responding. I could use the middle mousewheel to navigate through my options however when I try to open a program, nothing happens. I tried pulling out my battery but that didn't help. I'm not really sure what happened, maybe something happened to the keyboard when it was in my pants.

Not sure what to do about it.
    Last edited by C.Morris; 06-12-09 at 03:27 PM.
    06-12-09 03:17 PM
    It sounds like a moisture issue. If you were sweaty or were out in the rain, that could be your problem. The standard solution is to take out the battery and place the phone in a bag full of rice and leave it for a day or two. The rice will help absorb any moisture thats there. If there's no chance that it got damp then oi don't know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 03:31 PM
    It didn't rain and I don't sweat through jeans, so it couldn't have gotten wet.
    06-12-09 03:34 PM
    There should be a law about keeping BB devices in pockets. I have seen other threads about the same thing. not sure about resolutions though. Usually jeans have tight pockets, maybe it is physcial damage to the trackball or keys. Hope you get it working again or you have insurance on the device.
    06-12-09 03:44 PM
    I had that happen to me once before. Never did find the exact cause for it but I always suspected it was a problem with one of the apps I had recently installed. I did a battery pull and once the device had reset, all was well again. It's never happened since.
    06-12-09 03:47 PM
    Sounds as if there's water damage. Take the back plate off, battery out, place the phone in an empty ziplock and leave it unsealed. Take another zip lock, fill it with rice, throw the phone contents in there and seal the outside. Let it sit for 18-24 hours. You don't want to place it directly in the rice, but the rice should soak up the moisture. Was it humid where you lived yesterday? That could be it.
    06-12-09 03:51 PM
    The last couple days have been pretty hot and gross out. What exactly could the moisture have done to the phone that causes the keyboard not to work?
    06-12-09 03:55 PM
    THere is a membrane under the keyboard that does not do well with moisture. if this is case, try the rice thing
    06-12-09 04:15 PM
    By the way.. My trackball was unresponsive a while ago. It would scroll but pressing it for "enter" didn't work. I couldn't enter my password from lock screen. Anyhow, you can use the "enter" button on the keypad (2nd up on bottom right corner). At least from there you can do some memory maint issues and that might help with performance - worked for me, helped me limp along til I did a back up / wipe / restore / reload OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD