it's not pointless. gmail on bis is fast but its severely flawed. gmail app is really everything you'd want--just terribly slow.

currently now ive got both of them set up. and bis just serves as a dummy to let me know that ive got mail and i navigate out of the gmail app. but its a few extra steps
    08-15-08 08:39 PM
    So let me get this straight. You get the free service of gmail, the free application that they spent time and money developing, but you are complaining that it is ruining the whole blackberry experience? And you think that somehow strongarming them into doing what you want is the way to go?

We do not share the same sense of perspective, sir.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 10:05 PM
    it's not pointless. gmail on bis is fast but its severely flawed. gmail app is really everything you'd want--just terribly slow.

currently now ive got both of them set up. and bis just serves as a dummy to let me know that ive got mail and i navigate out of the gmail app. but its a few extra steps

how is it flawed on bis? i get an email, open it, read and continue. if i need to do more than just read or reply (you said it wasnt for business) then i walk to my computer (if im not already there) and open it up. just my .02$ though
    08-16-08 12:51 AM
    this whole thread is pointless. if you want fast email just add your gmail account to your bis. simple as that. and those complaining, its a free service for crying out lout stop complaining!
    AMEN!!!!

Gmail BIS is not flawed however I'm starting to think your thinking is....
    08-16-08 06:26 AM
    I have both BES and BIS. gmail is delivered to the BB as close as instantaneous as you can get -- as close to the BES speed of delivery as possible. Exactly push -- not quite, but darn close. AOL, Hotmail, etc -- all have delays.

I think you are confusing push with BES-like mailbox sync. You want deletes on handheld to sync with desktop and vice-versa, set it up on imap -- it's just not instantaneous anymore -- just like all the other email services.

You want instantaneous delivery, sync, mailbox folder capabilities -- pony up for a BES account -- if you have an exchange server somewhere to sync your personal or business email with. None of those options are free.

You don't like gmail -- find another provider that's better.

You don't like how the BB syncs -- find another device you like better.

There's a guy running for president who is promising that the federal government will grant ALL your wishes -- not just your email wishes -- for free. Maybe he has a better idea for email change too.
    08-16-08 06:54 AM
    I don't understand why people say things which they get for free are pointless. Why use it and complain, if you paid for it then I would whole heartedly understand.
    08-16-08 07:14 AM
    I like GMail, I'd pay for it if I had to. Now, since you're not on BES and want true sync, get a Yahoo or YMail account. It does what you want, I've even tested it...

08-16-08 07:31 AM
    There's a guy running for president who is promising that the federal government will grant ALL your wishes -- not just your email wishes -- for free. Maybe he has a better idea for email change too.
    Riiight....because you're beloved GOP has done such a great job for the past 8 years? Oh wait, that's right, (assuming you live in Michigan) Michigan has the highest unemployment rate of any state in the US. So high that they had to extend the unemployment benefits. Good job, Dubya.

What a joke. Take your right wing extremist babble somewhere else.
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 08-16-08 at 10:06 AM.
    08-16-08 10:04 AM
    it's unfortunate that i can't get true sync with gmail. the way gmail is set up--how every email is "thread" like--really doesn't work well on BIS.

i guess i'll just have to battle with what i've got and hope one day that gmail comes out with PUSH for their app.
    08-17-08 12:13 AM
    Riiight....because you're beloved GOP has done such a great job for the past 8 years? Oh wait, that's right, (assuming you live in Michigan) Michigan has the highest unemployment rate of any state in the US. So high that they had to extend the unemployment benefits. Good job, Dubya.

What a joke. Take your right wing extremist babble somewhere else.
    I fail to see the right wing extremist babble inherent in the post. He could be a hard core democrat who just happens to dislike Obama, or a libertarian. Perhaps you should temper that knee **** reaction to objectifying people who disagree with you.

08-17-08 06:48 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD