Good day everyone,

I am having problems with my personal email and my 8330 Curve on Telus network. If I get an email sent to my personal email, it arrives on my Blackberry ok, but does not appear when I got out my Outlook 2007. I have two email accounts setup on my BB to which I assume are set correctly. The two emails are [email protected] and [email protected].

I was saying to the Telus tech support people that the BB is acting like it isn't leaving a copy of the email on the server, it is taking it right off when it receives it on my BB. Anybody have any idea what might be going on or what I have to do to be able to receiver it in both places?

Thanks.

Mike
    04-22-08 05:16 PM
    try changing ur settings on the server side.........
    04-22-08 05:21 PM
    try changing ur settings on the server side.........
    Not sure what that means, could you elaborate?
    04-22-08 06:44 PM
    Where ever you went to setup your email there should be a checkbox to leave a copy on the server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-08 06:50 PM
    Where ever you went to setup your email there should be a checkbox to leave a copy on the server.

I setup the personal email on the BB and I don't see anything like that in there.

Mike
    04-22-08 06:52 PM
    What is the [email protected]? Is that a pop or imap account or just a text messaging address for your phone? If that's just a text messaging address you will not get a copy in Outlook.

For the [email protected] address there is a setting to forward all email to another email address. You would need to forward it to another address that you have setup on outlook. I don't believe the @blackberry.net accounts are accessable any other way than the BlackBerry.

04-22-08 06:56 PM
    The [email protected] is my personal POP account that has been setup on my Outlook all along and working fine. It was also setup on my Blackberry along with the [email protected]

Mike

04-22-08 07:01 PM
    There is a setting somewhere in Outlook to leave a copy on the server. Its just a box you have to check. Go to your email account setups in Outlook and browse through the setup screens. I'm not sure exactly where it is and I'm not by a pc but in there you will find, "leave a copy on server".

04-22-08 07:04 PM
    There is a setting somewhere in Outlook to leave a copy on the server. Its just a box you have to check. Go to your email account setups in Outlook and browse through the setup screens. I'm not sure exactly where it is and I'm not by a pc but in there you will find, "leave a copy on server".

But that is the opposite of the problem that I am having. The BB should be leaving a copy on the server, not the Telus account. The BB is acting like it is taking the email off the server and not leaving the copy there to be downloaded into Outlook.

Mike
    04-22-08 07:06 PM
    I think if you manually setup your pop address in your blackberry BIS setup there is that same option.

04-22-08 07:06 PM
    Try deleting that email address from your BIS. When you re-add that email just put some fake email account in and it will ask you for the pop settings and it should show in there I believe.

04-22-08 07:09 PM
    Try deleting that email address from your BIS. When you re-add that email just put some fake email account in and it will ask you for the pop settings and it should show in there I believe.

Nope still no difference, mail gets to the BB but not to Outlook.
    04-22-08 07:22 PM
    Not really sure then. When you resetup your email account on BIS did you see the option to leave messages on server?

04-22-08 07:23 PM
    Not really sure then. When you resetup your email account on BIS did you see the option to leave messages on server?

No, the only settings that can be edited are:

Email Account Name: [email protected]
    Reply to: [email protected]
    Your name: blank
    User name: mluchia
    Password: well it's not like i'm going to print that!
    Signature: none
    Auto BCC: none
    Synchronise delete items between this mailbox and my device: Yes

Mike
    04-22-08 07:30 PM
    Not really sure then.

04-22-08 07:39 PM
    Ok just so I am sure it is just me, others have their personal email accounts being received on ther BB, but they are still able to go back to their email programs and receive the emails that have already been received on their BB's?

If so, how do you have your personal email accounts setup on their BB's? Do you have them setup or do you just forward your personal email to your BB email address?

Mike
    04-22-08 07:41 PM
    I have Gmail on mine. Its instant to my BlackBerry. I also have imap setup on my Gmail and no problems.

04-22-08 07:46 PM
    I have Gmail on mine. Its instant to my BlackBerry. I also have imap setup on my Gmail and no problems.

Ok but when you receive an email to your Gmail account received on your BB, can you still go into your Gmail account on your browser and receive that email there? If so, how do you have your Gmail account setup on your BB?

Mike
    04-22-08 07:47 PM
    Yes my email will stay in both places. Its also setup so that I I delete it from my BlackBerry it deletes it from my Gmail. The 2 stay in sync. All you would do is add a new email account. Put in your email address [email protected] then your password. It does the rest for you.

04-22-08 08:00 PM
    Its also setup so that I I delete it from my BlackBerry it deletes it from my Gmail. The 2 stay in sync.
    How did you setup so that when you delete email on the BB it deletes it on GMail as well, I think that has a lot to do with the problem.

Mike
    04-22-08 08:02 PM
    Synchronise delete items between this mailbox and my device: Yes

Change it to no and it won't do that.

04-22-08 08:04 PM
    Are you deleting the email from the BB before it has a chance to arrive in Outlook?
    04-22-08 08:36 PM
    Are you deleting the email from the BB before it has a chance to arrive in Outlook?
    Doesn't seem to matter, I can leave it on the BB for an hour and it still won't show up in Outlook.

Mike
    04-22-08 09:16 PM
    Now it is the opposite, mail comes to Outlook but not to BB I will have to call Telus tech support tomorrow, pray for me.

Mike
    04-22-08 10:06 PM
    Gee Whiz. The question is easy enough. I have the same problem and there doesn't seem to be any place in the BB email setup to check to leave a copy on the server.

I guess that you can BCC a copy back to yourself, but then all incoming email on Outlook would show as being forwarded from yourself.

Verizon has eliminated it's pop email service and now requires users to create a different service to send email. However, incoming mail is removed from the server as soon as the BB receives it.

Intelligent responses appreciated
    12-13-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD