I recently gave up my 8310 Curve to another user at work when I updated to the Bold. I had setup my personal gmail account on the Curve when I had it, and wiped the handheld just before relinquishing control. Now the Curve does not recognize that that there is a personal e-mail setup on the unit, however it's still receiving my personal e-mails, which can be embarrassing should the new user open them. Any suggestions on how to get this to stop?

I thought maybe the BIS needed to be configured on AT&T's side, but I either didn't have an account setup there or do not remember the login information.
    01-20-09 12:08 PM
    On the Curve, go into Personal Email SetUp, Email Accounts, and delete the account. Then delete the service book for that account. Restart the BB and make sure the service book doesn't get resent.
    01-20-09 12:17 PM
    Whoever has the handheld needs to go to Options - Advanced Options - Service Book and delete the two service books relating to your email account. That should fix the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 12:17 PM
    Max69 On the Curve, go into Personal Email SetUp, Email Accounts, and delete the account. Then delete the service book for that account. Restart the BB and make sure the service book doesn't get resent.
    Do this, don't just delete the service books because those can always be sent back, if unable to log into email settings have the person that has the account call ATT, they should be able to get in and delete it for you. I know that Verizon tech support can delete an email account from the bis.
    One other thing you can do is go into change device on the bis and change it over from the curve to your bold, that will deactivate the ability for the curve to get those service books, and you won't have to set up your email again.
    01-20-09 02:03 PM
    Thanks all for your suggestions, I'll try each of them and see if it works....
    01-20-09 03:16 PM
    I have a similar problem. I received my 8820 for work and before the IT folks got their hands on it, I set up my personal GMail account on it. After they set up the phone with thier policies (making it completely useless for anything other than phone calls and corporate e-mails), there doesn't seem to be any trace of my GMail account but I still receive GMail on the BB. I cannot create a new GMail or even reply to a GMail that shows up in my Inbox. If I go into E-Mail, Options, there is no trace of GMail, only the corporate e-mail. I would like to stop them from coming in because I will eventually give up the BB and I don't want the new owner to keep getting my personal e-mail.

Thanks.
    04-21-09 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD