Ok, Ive become addicted and Im not particularly proud of that fact, but part of defeating a problem is to acknowledge it...so....

HI, Im Mark, and Im a Berryholic!

Ok enough with that.

I look at this thing and see a few things that would make life a bit easier and organized...so here's my list...what's yours to making the best possible 8330.

Oh, and btw, everyone keeps saying the 8330 is old. Id say a majority of people on here own 8330's and Verizon and other stores are still selling them, so.............

1. Email- Going into Email, Instead of seeing a list of incoming and outgoing mail, id rather see and inbox, outbox, sent and draft folder with the ability to change the names of these folders or add them along with redirect of emails to their appropriate box. I have 6 email addies on here and would like to separate them.

2..same for sms and mms messages. you know, like a regular cell phone (yikes)

3. Id like to have ONE Theme that you can configure. Bottom dock, side dock, L, today or NONE OF THE ABOVE where all my icons JUST SHOW UP!

4. GPS on my verizon that works with other programs other than just BBMAPS. Verizon told me they did unlock the gps thats why bbmaps works, but google and others havent updated their software. (who knows)

5. I want more folder options. When you add a folder now, you get 7 or 8 choices...none go with any theme. So hey, here's an idea....let me download folder icons and use the ones i want.

6. in the phone area, id like to start typing a name and the name list for that letter pops up (like it does now), but instead of it dropping down with a choice of numbers from each contact id rather just click the persons name and get the pop up with all the contact numbers like it does when you go to send a txt or mms message. make sense?

7. Most importantly, Id like some interaction between the address book, email, sms, tasks, calendar and notepad. It would save me a few hundred steps a day if i could associate one with the other. Maybe add a calendar event and then associate it with a name and phone number, and then add a note through memopad and add this whole thing as a task. Third party software does it i believe, why cant the blackberry native stuff do it?

Thanks, and hope you have some good additions.

Not that they'll get done, but maybe seeing others ideas will give me and others ideas of what they wanna do with these beasts.

Ok, thanks again...my name is Mark, and Im a Berryholic!
    04-02-09 08:09 AM
    I would like the ability to change my default browser to Mini-opera. I would also love it if they unlocked the GPS as you mentioned.

I love my phone as it is so any improvements would be a bonus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 09:00 AM
    I too have recently became a blackberry addict, and I LOVE the 8330.

The GPS is unlocked from sprint, and the google maps work AWESOME.

I also love the google moblie package that includes the broswer / mail / etc... GOOGLE MOBLIE FTW
    04-02-09 09:05 AM
    I too have recently became a blackberry addict, and I LOVE the 8330.

The GPS is unlocked from sprint, and the google maps work AWESOME.

I also love the google moblie package that includes the broswer / mail / etc... GOOGLE MOBLIE FTW
    Ah, if only Verizon unlocked theirs earlier their customers wouldn't be waiting for software updates to make it work with all gps programs.

If i get lost will you help me find my way?
    04-02-09 09:12 AM
    and really, using the Gmail would pretty much fit your needs for the inbox, etc. you can bring up a menu that will have the Inbox, Outbox, contacts
    04-02-09 09:12 AM
    and really, using the Gmail would pretty much fit your needs for the inbox, etc. you can bring up a menu that will have the Inbox, Outbox, contacts
    I have mostly business emails and my personal ones for my domain name...if i started using gmail id be totally lost! lol.

Found one more thing I want changed. Intermittent MP4 playing.

Some MP4 vids work, some dont. What's up with that anyway?
    04-02-09 09:15 AM
    I've found that the curve is very sensitive to video format. I use Handango with a BB setting I created to ensure that an MP4 works every time. Most full movies come out less than 300MB with excellent quality.
    04-02-09 11:01 AM
    Ok, Ive become addicted and Im not particularly proud of that fact, but part of defeating a problem is to acknowledge it...so....

HI, Im Mark, and Im a Berryholic!

Ok enough with that.

I look at this thing and see a few things that would make life a bit easier and organized...so here's my list...what's yours to making the best possible 8330.

Oh, and btw, everyone keeps saying the 8330 is old. Id say a majority of people on here own 8330's and Verizon and other stores are still selling them, so.............

1. Email- Going into Email, Instead of seeing a list of incoming and outgoing mail, id rather see and inbox, outbox, sent and draft folder with the ability to change the names of these folders or add them along with redirect of emails to their appropriate box. I have 6 email addies on here and would like to separate them.

2..same for sms and mms messages. you know, like a regular cell phone (yikes)

3. Id like to have ONE Theme that you can configure. Bottom dock, side dock, L, today or NONE OF THE ABOVE where all my icons JUST SHOW UP!

4. GPS on my verizon that works with other programs other than just BBMAPS. Verizon told me they did unlock the gps thats why bbmaps works, but google and others havent updated their software. (who knows)

5. I want more folder options. When you add a folder now, you get 7 or 8 choices...none go with any theme. So hey, here's an idea....let me download folder icons and use the ones i want.

6. in the phone area, id like to start typing a name and the name list for that letter pops up (like it does now), but instead of it dropping down with a choice of numbers from each contact id rather just click the persons name and get the pop up with all the contact numbers like it does when you go to send a txt or mms message. make sense?

7. Most importantly, Id like some interaction between the address book, email, sms, tasks, calendar and notepad. It would save me a few hundred steps a day if i could associate one with the other. Maybe add a calendar event and then associate it with a name and phone number, and then add a note through memopad and add this whole thing as a task. Third party software does it i believe, why cant the blackberry native stuff do it?

Thanks, and hope you have some good additions.

Not that they'll get done, but maybe seeing others ideas will give me and others ideas of what they wanna do with these beasts.

Ok, thanks again...my name is Mark, and Im a Berryholic!
    The 8330 is at the end of it's life cycle unfortunatley
    06-01-09 04:01 PM
    Iam a addict and love my curve
    06-01-09 07:58 PM
    The curve is the best one out there. I really believe that. Is there a better bb on sprint?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 08:28 PM
    1) I would like to see an easy way to separate emails into categories. ie. Work, Personal, E-Bay, Amazon, etc...
    2) Personally, I would really like to see RIM develop an integrated Map and Location based service. I know they have maps, but I wish the application would allow me to send my location out at 5 minute intervals.

The reason, for the second one, is so that when my mom calls... or try's to call she will know where I am and what timezone I'm in. I'm a pilot and travel a lot and sometimes mom forgets that it might be 10pm her time but it's 1am my time.
    Last edited by Logylogy; 06-01-09 at 09:55 PM.
    06-01-09 09:52 PM
    I love my BB and I am an addict!!! My 8330 is spoiled, custom colored cases, lots of covers!! Love it!
    06-02-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD