Anyone else wondering why we have less apps in the appworld than 8330, i think its so stupid since the m is only to change serial numbers, should have been nothing else, so all other apps should work on here! Shazam for sure does not show up, what is with this. Can anyone provide me with a legit answer.
    04-08-09 10:08 PM
    Have you or anyone else tried downloading an app designed for the 8330? It might work without any issues... But then again, it might not.

Make a backup first, then go for it. I would.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 03:24 AM
    The "M" makes no difference whatsoever. The "M" is simply a
    a new identification designator. It does not change the function
    of the device or it's ability to run 83xx apps.
    04-09-09 03:28 AM
    I didn't realize we saw less apps. Haven't put appworld on the wifes phone yet.

Quick question for the other 8330m'ers...will google maps try to use your internal GPS? Me and some others with 8330m's have noticed that it will not, while it works fine on my wifes 8330 with the same carrier.

VV
    04-09-09 05:37 AM
    Ya GPS in google maps is still not working. I know that M doesn't mean anything, it is just an indicator for the new ID's, however, in our appworld there are significantly less apps. I dled blockberry and it works fine, but i can not find a dl file for shazam or anything else to dl. In theory, yes 8330 programs should work on 8330m, but rim has not put them in the appworld for us, which is Frustrating!
    04-09-09 11:01 AM
    The "M" makes no difference whatsoever. The "M" is simply a
    a new identification designator. It does not change the function
    of the device or it's ability to run 83xx apps.

Not true, I heart radio won't work simply because its a "M."
    04-09-09 12:34 PM
    Ya GPS in google maps is still not working. I know that M doesn't mean anything, it is just an indicator for the new ID's, however, in our appworld there are significantly less apps. I dled blockberry and it works fine, but i can not find a dl file for shazam or anything else to dl. In theory, yes 8330 programs should work on 8330m, but rim has not put them in the appworld for us, which is Frustrating!
    Just curious, How many applications do you see?
    04-09-09 01:49 PM
    sadly - i'm tracking the changes of apps. i'm weird

Ent - 10
    Games - 12
    Maps and Navi - 2
    Music and Video - 4
    News and Weather - 16
    Personal Finance & Banking -6
    Personal Health and Wellness - 7
    Productivity and Utiities - 70
    closcks -17
    docs-9