So I would like to get a blackberry curve before college and I know a lot about it but I don't know exactly how they connect to the emails. I have a Yahoo account that I would like to stay connected to and I know that it will be able to connect to that easily but ill also be getting an email when I go to Penn State. Will it be possible to connect my BB to my Penn State email account as well?

Thanks for the help in advance!
    06-02-08 05:46 PM
    maybe.... sounds like you would have to talk to the IT department about it. Or maybe some sort of forwarding feature to your yahoo account so you could mail pushed to your phone.
    06-02-08 05:50 PM
    Well there is a feature that you get with the blackberry setup and it is a Email Account setup
    I would think that you can
    You would just put your email and password in
    But i have no experience with school emails
    Ill let you know when i receive my CSUF email
    06-02-08 06:01 PM
    Okay thank you
    06-02-08 06:59 PM
    The email feature does work with your school email. I am at Penn College, an affiliate of penn state and I get my email right to my blackberry, didn't have to go through I T or anything, just setup the email through the email setup feature. I'm [email protected] if you have any other questions. And btw if your thinking about a curve just get the tour. The curve should be going out of date sometime soon.
    08-25-09 08:07 PM
    It might depend on the campus though...I work for PSU College of Medicine and faculty and staff can contact IT to get BB access for email but it's not available for students. Worst case scenario you would have to do an email forwarding.
    08-25-09 10:09 PM
    I get my university email to my blackberry!! I love it because I get lazy and dont check it on the computer for days at a time. Then I miss out on assignment reminders, quiz or test announcements, or when a professor cancel class. For me I didnt have to go through my IT department. I just set it up through the BIS setup on my bb. I dont see why since you are probably paying technology fees.
    Last edited by treyatl2006; 08-25-09 at 10:52 PM.
    08-25-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD