Iv'e installed this app, activated it successfully but its still not working. could it be bcz I'm also using empower email viewer
    09-22-08 07:25 PM
    what is peek a who?
    09-22-08 07:33 PM
    what is peek a who?
    i also am curious
    09-22-08 07:35 PM
    what app did you install
    09-22-08 07:36 PM
    found out what peek a who is. its an email program. its on the homepage
    09-22-08 07:49 PM
    Works just fine for me, I'm on 4.5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 09:05 PM
    isnt one of the main bullet points
    No setup fuss. No pain. It Just Works!

this thread kinda kills that one
    09-22-08 09:07 PM
    The setup took two seconds and it works perfectly.

09-22-08 09:10 PM
    I have 8310 4.2OS and it does not work for me either. I have BB Smart and thought that might have been the problem, but I shut it off and PeekaWho still did not work.
    Their customer service responded once and told me to re-boot (which I had already done) and still has not gotten back to me. I am on AT&T and not sure if this works on BIS.
    09-22-08 09:10 PM
    it should work on either bis or bes... it might be because you are running 4.2
    09-22-08 09:11 PM
    It had a 4.2 download box at time of install.
    09-22-08 09:15 PM
    I have 8310 4.2OS and it does not work for me either. I have BB Smart and thought that might have been the problem, but I shut it off and PeekaWho still did not work.
    Their customer service responded once and told me to re-boot (which I had already done) and still has not gotten back to me. I am on AT&T and not sure if this works on BIS.
    I'm using empower email viewer, i deleted it rebooted n tried again n its still doesn't work. i've tried EVERY configuration of da apps options i even put all my email contacts in the "popup only email from" option to no avail. i dont think they've work out the kinks for it to work on ANY curves
    09-22-08 09:37 PM
    This app sounds great. Anyone know how it handles multiple incoming emails?
    09-22-08 11:18 PM
    wat exactly is this app for might i ask. and to the OP it sounds as if its not working only for the people running 4.2. You might need to upgrade.
    09-22-08 11:29 PM
    check the home page, i already posted once that its an email program
    09-22-08 11:34 PM
    I've tried EVERY possible configuration of this app and it refuses to work. i'm waiting for the tech support guy to reply but in the meanwhile i'm pissed and judging by the feedback from others who bought it I'm not the only one. and if the developers fall upon this post how about no 10 second limit on the popup, and sms and IM popups as well. that might be wishful thinking because the app isn't even doing what it's suppose to at this point.
    09-22-08 11:42 PM
    i cant get this app to work either, very frustrating as i was really looking forward to it. i could have bought that extra value meal instead and gotten some satisfaction. the developer put in some instructions for modifying the tcp settings, but i cant find any that work for me, as everything on my tcp screen is already filled out. i also dont want to screw up something else on my berry just to get this to work. i should have waited.
    09-22-08 11:43 PM
    i feel your pain. i'm hoping someone with a lot more knowledge than me figures this one out.
    09-22-08 11:44 PM
    man that sucks. you had to pay for that too didnt you
    09-22-08 11:49 PM
    Hey,

Just saw your blog post comment and responded there. Will respond here too. Here's the app in question for anybody reading:

Awesome App: PeeKaWho Email Popups for BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

It seems with every new BlackBerry app these days there are some initial teething issues. Wouldn't necessarily blame the developer... it's almost a RIM thing it seems. So many carriers, so many devices, so many versions of operating systems. Despite tons of beta testing the real test comes when it hits the market. Sad but kinda true.

I'm sure the developer will get back to you quick... likely tomorrow though! You're probably posting past most people's bed times.

Also, if you look at the blog post, you'll see that free upgrades are covered for life, that include any potential bug fixes as well as feature upgrades (SMS coming down the road). Also - you're getting a deal buy buying early and putting up with some of these frustrations. Obviously would be better if it worked perfect for everybody instantly, but not always the case.

I've been using the app successfully as well as a ton of other people. Not sure what's going on with the few who are having issues. Seems to be either their APN settings aren't set up right (app connects to the internet to verify registration) or may be a conflicting 3rd party app that interferes with PeeKaWho.

I'm LOVING the app though. Apologies on frustrations... I'm sure the developer will get back to you soon and that things will be sorted out soon.

PS. Merged a couple threads together on this.
    09-22-08 11:57 PM
    Running on a Telus 8330 with 4.3 and it's working great for me.

Mike
    09-23-08 12:16 AM
    Works fine for me too. VZW 8330 with 4.5.

09-23-08 01:11 AM
    is it worth it though?
    09-23-08 01:17 AM
    I install a LOT of apps. There's a lot of them I use for a bit, but then they fall off my daily use pattern to weekly to monthly to not at all.

This isn't so much an "application" as it is a utility. Once you're running it on your phone and have your preferences set the way you like them, it's in use all the time. And for me it's a pretty valuable utility. So totally love it. I receive tons of email everyday and am on my BB tons in various apps so I'm using it constantly. If you don't get a lot of email, or don't use your berry for too much other than email/phone/sms, there may not be as much value in it.

Comes down to the individual. If you wait till next week there should be a free trial of the app available by the sounds of it, so might be worth doing that if you're not sure. Try before you buy.
    09-23-08 01:26 AM
    right on, thanks Kevin
    09-23-08 01:28 AM
290 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD