i just got a Pearl, previously using 8707G.... gonna learn how to use the suretype
    09-26-08 10:44 AM
    My boyfriend broke his Curve while having a temper tantrum (slammed it against the table, it wasn't in its rubber sheath) and because he knew he wanted the Bold or the Android phone (now known as the G1), didn't want to spend another $400 on a replacement, so he bought a practically brand new 8100 off of Craig's List.

Long story short, he was loving suretype at first -- loved it. Now he won't stop ******** or bogarting my Curve.

I too really love the size of the Pearl -- but the QWERTY is just too much of a sacrifice, at least for me (and I have very small hands), I type too much and too often to be able to deal with it adequately. If it weren't an e-mail device, but just a really cool phone, I would definitely opt for a Pearl instead of the Curve, but for e-mail, damn, I have to have my Curve.

Same reason I haven't gone iPhone (blasphemy to say on the Crackberry boards, I know, but I'm a Mac user and write for a leading Mac website - it's tough NOT being an iPhone user).
    09-26-08 11:02 AM
    I went from the pearl to the curve and still have both, although the pearl is in the drawer right now. Prior to the pearl, I had an enV, so I was used to the full keyboard. It took a while to get used to the pearl, but I became pretty good at it. It was a pain to go back and correct words that were predicted wrong and that did waste a lot of time. Still getting used to the keys on the curve though a month later. Prefer the screen size on the curve though and the amount of memory. I constantly had to monitor the pearl and do soft resets to prevent the memory from getting too low and dumping my call log and texts.
    09-26-08 11:40 AM
    i now have a curve and i have gotten use to it and i still prefer suretype over full qwerty....if suretype could read minds it would be so awesome!!
    but either way its still awesome!
    09-26-08 04:34 PM
    I can type the same speed on T9 v.s. a full QWERTY keyboard.

I have never tried SureType as I have never owned a Pearl. I bought a Curve.
    09-26-08 05:00 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD