Has anyone with a Pearl had any sucess getting out of their contract early and upgraded to the Curve due to memory leak issues with the Pearl?
    06-26-08 08:46 AM
    no but if you do let us know, i know i would
    06-26-08 08:47 AM
    There is probably a slim chance that you could get away with this... so check out the links in my sig for memory optimization!!

If you have not follows any of those guides, then you reall should. It will help you free up a lot of memory and fix a lotta issues!!
    06-26-08 08:49 AM
    how close are you to the end of your contract? if you call customer service sometimes they will let you upgrade 1-2 months early. They let me do it one month early from the moto q to curve.
    06-26-08 08:52 AM
    After numerous call to tech support, and with no sucess, i went to the store and explained that i was having issues with the phone loosing messages and phone logs and the fact that i could connect to a call but the person on the other end could not hear me. I told the the manager that and how many calls to tech support and also that they told me that it was an issue with memory on the Pearl. I told him i had the phone for two and a half months. He went in the back and came out with a new Curve and exchanged it and it didn't cost me a penny. I promptely thanked him and so far all the Pearl issues are gone.
    07-31-08 01:36 PM
    2 & 1/2 months and they let you exchange it! You are pretty lucky!

Anyways , congrats on the new Curve!
    07-31-08 02:12 PM
    I'm on verizon and I exchange my phone every couple of months without paying a penny. Its all about who you know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 02:18 PM
    I was quite surprised how smooth it went. I believe once we started talking about the problems, that he knew that i knew what i was talking about so he didn't even try to con me. Just my guess.
    07-31-08 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD