I am considering purchasing a 8320 off somebody on craigslist...i love my pearl but i need a full keyboard lol. Is the curve much better???
    06-22-08 06:07 PM
    yes it is..IMO..I have to have a qwerty...can't stand predictive text.. Curve has alot of features...It's def a much needed upgrade from the pearl
    06-22-08 06:25 PM
    Before I purchased a Curve, I tried the Pearl out, and I can honestly say that I really preferred the feel of the Curve and having the entire keyboard. I've also mastered using it quickly with one hand too!
    06-22-08 06:28 PM
    The Pearl is an awesome phone and I didn't think there could be any better but I found that in the Curve. I have owned both and as such feel I am qualified to say that.
    06-22-08 06:31 PM
    I have both. I don't think one is better than the other, it's a matter of features and personal preference.
    I like the Curve for the bigger screen and GPS (not an issue for you), but IMO the Pearl has a much better keyboard and is easier to type with.

Try going to a retail store and checking one out to see if it works for you before pulling the trigger on the purchase.
    06-22-08 06:32 PM
    Ok thanks...haha thats all i needed to hear. Do you think $170 like new wit the box and all that is a good deal??

0o0o i forgot...the cam on the curve is better then the pearl rite??
    06-22-08 06:33 PM
    There have been studies done, some people say the Pearl has better looking shots while the Curve camera has a brightness issue. If talking pure megapixels, the curve has a 2 MP camera while the pearl has a 1.3 MP camera.
    06-22-08 06:47 PM
    0o0o0 ard.
    06-22-08 06:59 PM
    0o0o0 ard.
    Okay, I'm lost. What does that mean?
    06-22-08 07:01 PM
    ard = alright...haha philly talk
    06-22-08 07:03 PM
    ard = alright...haha philly talk
    I'm from Philly and had no clue what you were saying. If you want people to understand you and respond, speak like you do. I'm certain there are places you go in life where you dont talk slang.
    06-22-08 09:00 PM
    I had a Pearl before I swapped it for a Curve. The Curve has a full qwerty keyboard, larger screen and more memory.
    06-22-08 11:15 PM
    More memory was a deal breaker for me. I was tired of constantly having to pull my battery to free up some memory. Rarely have to do a battery pull with the Curve. I miss the smaller size of the Pearl though...never thought I would.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 01:00 AM
    I'm from Philly and had no clue what you were saying. If you want people to understand you and respond, speak like you do. I'm certain there are places you go in life where you dont talk slang.
    I think he wrote it out like he would naturally speak, which "ARD". And as for him saying he is speaking the, "philly talk", it not philly talk...its the ghetto talk.
    06-23-08 01:06 AM
    I agree; I had a Pearl and once I started getting on BB forums and learning more about the devices, I was wanting a Curve sooo badly. I would never go back now. Sorry, Pearl.
    06-23-08 02:55 AM
    A lot of my friends/coworkers got the Pearl when it came out. As soon as I let them play with my Curve they wanted to upgrade.

It's really a personal preferance thing. Go down to the store and get your hands on both of them so you can compare for yourself.
    06-23-08 04:25 AM
    More memory was a deal breaker for me. I was tired of constantly having to pull my battery to free up some memory. Rarely have to do a battery pull with the Curve. I miss the smaller size of the Pearl though...never thought I would.

There are so many threads here and just the internet in general that state the Pear and Curve dont share a vast size difference; meaning the Curve isnt that much bigger than the Pearl.

Yet, when I read the forums here, so many people say that they'd never go back to the Pearl after using the Curve; and most only speak of qwerty keyboard and size.

So really, how much bigger is the Curve over the Pearl? The Sprint store has everything mounted down so its hard to compare the sizes?
    06-23-08 04:28 AM
    ... The Sprint store has everything mounted down so its hard to compare the sizes?
    Maybe it is only the stores in Philly that has the phones bolted down.....

Just kidding.

But seriously, I have a pearl and my brother has a curve. I have used both and the size difference is negligible. However the screen size difference is definitely noticeable. I liked the size and feel of the curve. Pearl has a great keyboard and once you give SureType a chance it really is an awesome feature. The only real gripe I have with my pearl is the lack of memory. I am an App junkie and I love the memory hog programs. Only reason I got the pearl is because my provider didn't have the curve at the time. But that is about to change. I will soon have my new curve...
    06-23-08 09:31 AM
    There are so many threads here and just the internet in general that state the Pear and Curve dont share a vast size difference; meaning the Curve isnt that much bigger than the Pearl.

Yet, when I read the forums here, so many people say that they'd never go back to the Pearl after using the Curve; and most only speak of qwerty keyboard and size.

So really, how much bigger is the Curve over the Pearl? The Sprint store has everything mounted down so its hard to compare the sizes?
    The Curve is about 1cm or so wider than the Pearl - about 2 columns of the Curve's keyboard. It's not much wider and about the same height and thickness when I compare mine with my wife's Curve, but it's enough to change the form factor from a candy bar to the more traditional BB pancake. What I find amazing is how they were able to squeeze the bigger screen on to the Curve. The screen is nice, but the QWERTY keyboard, while nice, is not a deal breaker for me. I've gotten use to SureType and I find the Pearl's keyboard is easier to type on because the keys are larger.

For a time I did consider switching up to a Curve, but I've decided I'll just hold out for a Bold or Thunder.
    06-23-08 09:37 AM
    Qwerty keyboard = awesome haha

06-23-08 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD