Pearl 8130 vs. Curve 8330
View Poll Results: BlackBerry Pearl 8130 Vs. BlackBerry Curve 8330
- 46. You may not vote on this poll
BlackBerry Pearl 8130
BlackBerry Curve 8330
08-03-08 06:41 PM
- I will be getting a BlackBerry on August 6th. For the longest time I had decided to get a red Pearl 8130. That may be changing. Last night my dad came home with a brand new BlackBerry Curve 8310 provided from his work. I played around with it for a little, and I began to like it more and more. I began to have second doubts. I liked the full Qwerty keyboard. The thing is that past that there isn't much different about the two. I am with Alltel. I will be doing lots of texting. I will be e-mailing, I will be listening to music, I will be checking the internet. I was just hoping you guys could provide me with some quick opinions and ideas on what for me to do. I've provided a list of pro, cons, and specs for the Curve and the Pearl.
Pearl- Cost- $79.99 (1) Curve- Cost- $249.99
Pearl- Size- Smaller (2) Curve- Size- Slightly large
Pearl- Suretype Curve- Full Qwerty (1)
Pearl- 64 MB+1GB Curve- 94 MB+1GB (2)
Pearl- Smaller Screen Curve- Larger Screen (3)
Pearl- Comes in Red (3) Curve- Only Black and Gray
As of now. The Curve has 3 checks while the Pearl has 3 also. But the Pearl has the most important...Price
Last edited by Gocanes222; 08-01-08 at 11:08 AM.08-01-08 11:01 AM
- DuviRetired ModeratorIf it is down to price, then your decision is made.
If you are looking for reasons to justify the price, you've already do so.
I like my Pearl and like it better than the Curve for texting and emailing as it's one handed operation is so much easier and I love the form factor.08-01-08 11:10 AM
- The biggest thing in my opinion would be whether or not you can live with SureType. If you can't, then your decision is made much simplier. I went with the Curve mainly because of the full-sized QWERTY keyboard. You can probably get a Red skin for your Curve. That would be good enough, wouldn't it?
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com08-01-08 12:30 PM
- ChrisySeeker of the Waythe curve is great! the full keyboard helped me decide on the Curve from a few BB's when i was choosing. once you go qwerty you never go back!
having more memory with the Curve is great too. as for color i have an orange silicone case with a bse screen protector to make it personalized.
also the screen is bigger. this is my first BB so i can't really compare features of the two.
Last edited by chrisy520; 08-01-08 at 12:50 PM.08-01-08 12:48 PM
I have a pearl and sticking with it till it dies on me. Its a small device and faster to type on.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Last edited by thepreciousone; 08-01-08 at 01:04 PM.08-01-08 01:01 PM
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com08-01-08 01:09 PM
- Have a Pearl, came over from a Treo 700WX w/ a full Qwerty keyboard and thought it would be tough to adapt to the multi-letter keyboard, but it was EASY. Except for a few words, the Intelli-Type (or whatever it's called) is able to accurately predict what word I'm typing a majority of the time. There's just a few times when I have to watch it because it comes up with something weird.08-01-08 01:14 PM
- Its up to you really. I love my curve and my wife loves her pearl. We would never want each others devices. I like the Curve because of more memory, larger screen and and QWERTY keypad. Suretype is ok. Just gonna take a little to get use to it and become very fast. I like the QWERTY because press the one I want and get the letter I want and don't have to worry about the device predicting the word for me. Especially nowadays that we abbreviate everything in text or don't spell things the correct way so suretype doesn't work for me. Wouldn't feel like setting up the "dictionary" and all that.
But at the end of the day go with what you like. I had the 8830WE and I traded for a Curve. I have one question though... why is the pearl 80 bucks and the Curve 250? Thats a big difference. When I upgraded our lines I got the Pearl for 90 and the Curve for 140.
I can also say the Pearl felt like more a device a woman would use. Not that there's anything wrong with that lol. But when they start making the phone in pink, it makes me think of a girly phone. I would also suspect that there are more woman pearl users than men and that more women have the pearl than have the curve. As I stated, there's nothing wrong with that just the perception I'm getting. I know 7 people with Blackberries.... 4 men 3 women. All three women have the pearl and 3 men have the curve and one man with the 8700. 2 of my wife's friends (women) say they are getting a pearl because "it's cute" lol. Coincidence, I think not!
Last edited by scorpiodsu; 08-01-08 at 01:23 PM.08-01-08 01:17 PM
- DuviRetired ModeratorAnother thing I've noticed, I make less spelling errors with the Pearl. If it's not a real word, it won't come up, unless it's how you spell the word constantly and it is then stored for the next time. This helps with abbreviations you use a lot and names that aren't common, according to the dictionary.08-01-08 01:22 PM
- i went to the verizon store planning on getting the pearl but when i messed around with the curve on display i realized it was the choice for me>. it just felt better in my hands and it isnt even thatt much bigger than the pearl. The bigger screen and full keyboard is worth the extra price and size.
The Curve was my first experence with any type of smart phone and i LOVE it. im sure i would of liked the pearl if i had got it...either way its a BB how could you go wrong!08-01-08 01:23 PM
- It's not hard if you have patience initially and take the time to figure out how it works. If you have the opportunity to try out a Pearl, type out a sentence or two just as you would on a full keyboard - you'll be surprised how accurate it is. Do not look at the screen as you're typing.
SureType does get tripped up at times with odd words and email addresses. But the good thing is, it'll learn new words and add them into the custom dictionnary.08-01-08 01:27 PM
- When I go to the store on the sixth I'll make my final choice. Right now, due to raw price difference...I'm leaning toward the Pearl. I'm sure I'll be happy with either. I don't know why the Pearl and Curve are so different in price. I'll provide you with the link to the Alltel store so you can see for yourselves.
Cell Phone, Cell Phone Plans, and Cell Phone Accessories - Alltel Wireless
Number three talks about the great deals on Blackberrys
Phones & Devices from Alltel Wireless The blackberrys are pretty far down.08-01-08 05:02 PM
- Ive had the 8830 and the bulk kinda wore on me, granted its not a choice here but still the size issue does sometime come into play. They have all the same apps to my knowledge and the main diff is size and keypad layout. The 8830 wore on me with size and general bulk but the screen was a plus I presently own the pearl and my choice couldnt have been better. Its smaller does all i want it to and doesnt smack everything when i sit down. Typying is simple and suretype is great its like T9 on steroids it just seems to know.
My advice, get the curve, then use it for 2 weeks or so then exchange it if the bulk wears on you, There is a reason for a 30 day exchange.08-01-08 05:53 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Curve 83xx
Pearl 8130 vs. Curve 8330
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD