PP is a necessary evil for me, but a pain in the you-know-what when I have to type in a password to call a number from my address book or a speed dial number. If anyone knows a shortcut or workaround (other than disabling password protection), I'd appreciate reading about it. I'd like to suggest to RIM that they look into utilizing the voice-activation feature as a way to accept a password. Just saying or spelling out the password while in the voice-activation mode would be very convenient. I realize, of course, that, depending on the circumstances, stating the password might not be a good way to go --- for example, when others are in earshot. However, when driving alone (and exercising extreme caution and attention to the road), voice-activating a password would be very convenient.
    01-27-08 01:13 PM
    There is not a shortcut, as obviously you know. That would sorta defeat its purpose.
    01-27-08 02:09 PM
    You can set your security options to allow out going calls when locked. Options/security/general settings/Allow outgoing calls when locked. You will still get the security pop up when you start your BB, but you don't have to enter your code, just click on "make a call".
    01-28-08 11:01 AM
    I also just discovered that when I use my Blue Ant bluetooth speaker phone, when I press the green call button, the voice dial feature automatically starts without needing to enter the password. Nice.
    02-03-08 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD