All,
    I'm pretty happy with the new BB now that I've got the initial setup "things" taken care of. One thing I can't seem to find anywhere, is how to get it to enter a password protected mode. Thanks!
    03-23-08 01:02 PM
    To set your Curve to Password protected mode go to Options --> Security Options --> General Settings --> Set Password to Enabled.

Welcome to CB---hope you enjoy your Curve!
    03-23-08 01:27 PM
    Hmmm, I don't see an options icon??
    03-23-08 01:36 PM
    gotta be there somewhere! I'm not sure what theme you are using but on the default AT&T theme it looks like a wrench.
    03-23-08 01:38 PM
    You'll find options inside the settings menu. As stated above it's icon is that of a wrench.
    03-23-08 01:51 PM
    Also if you don't already know, forgetting your password would be a bad thing. If for someone reason you incorrectly enter your password 10 times, the device will wipe all personal data. I don't mean to scare you with this info, just don't want you to someday have it happen to you.
    03-23-08 02:12 PM
    Got it - THANKS!
    03-23-08 02:55 PM
    Also if you don't already know, forgetting your password would be a bad thing. If for someone reason you incorrectly enter your password 10 times, the device will wipe all personal data. I don't mean to scare you with this info, just don't want you to someday have it happen to you.
    I was wondering how that worked. So it returns it back to factory (out of the box) settings, right?
    06-03-08 07:44 PM
    I was wondering how that worked. So it returns it back to factory (out of the box) settings, right?
    Yes, this is also a good reason why backing up often is important.
    06-03-08 08:12 PM
    What is the default password? I don't remember making a password and the only option is see is enable or disable the password... after I enable it do I decide the password then? I dont want to lock my phone by trying this.
    06-03-08 09:56 PM
    It shouldn't have a default password... so when you enable it should ask you to enter what you want. I would suggest you backup your BlackBerry first... that way if for some reason there was a password on it previously you can restore from the backup and be fine.
    06-03-08 11:02 PM
    is there anyway you can lock your pictures?
    06-04-08 10:36 AM
    What is the default password? I don't remember making a password and the only option is see is enable or disable the password... after I enable it do I decide the password then? I dont want to lock my phone by trying this.
    There is no default password. To use a password, enable the option and hit the escape key. You'll be prompted to create a password and re-enter it. Just be sure you don't accidently have caps lock or num lock on. You'll think your password is "asdf" and it'll really be "*456" and you won't realize it.
    06-04-08 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD