So I jumped on the bandwagon and painted my curve too. I will say that's the last time I will open up a phone myself. I don't think I put it back together as well as I'd like.

I suppose I'll live, here are pics:

09-17-08 01:42 AM
    Woo nice what color is it, purple?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 01:51 AM
    Its navy blue but I have a crappy camera and crappy light in my house so the color isn't coming across quite well.
    09-17-08 01:52 AM
    Woo nice what color is it, purple?

Your monitor must be messed up... It clearly looks dark blue.
    09-17-08 02:06 AM
    It looks nice! My hands are not steady enough to paint mine lol.
    09-17-08 04:42 AM
    Why are people painting their BB's and what are you painting it with?
    09-17-08 05:40 AM
    Individuality.

09-17-08 08:40 AM
    Individuality.

The true characteristic of a Crackberry!
    09-17-08 09:09 AM
    I did it because I didn't like the standard gray color. I used Krylon Fusion for Plastic spray paint to do it. I'm gonna need to go back over it again and then use a clear coat because already I am seeing wear on the paint, but I'm not gonna mess with it until my little case opener tool gets here, doing it with my fingers was too difficult and I think I broke something along the way.
    09-17-08 10:31 AM
    i love it.. Good job
    09-17-08 10:50 AM
    I just found out that I can scratch the blue paint completely off with my fingernail on the sides of the faceplate...

I'm pretty sure I didn't get enough paint there because I can't do the same on other parts of the phone. I guess that's what I get for being a noob at painting, lol. Oh well, live and learn! Once I fix that up and hit it with some clear coat I'll try to get better quality pics up here.
    09-17-08 11:20 AM
    I just found out that I can scratch the blue paint completely off with my fingernail on the sides of the faceplate...

I'm pretty sure I didn't get enough paint there because I can't do the same on other parts of the phone. I guess that's what I get for being a noob at painting, lol. Oh well, live and learn! Once I fix that up and hit it with some clear coat I'll try to get better quality pics up here.
    i painted mine yesterday.. and i cant scratch any of the paint off at all.. S you might wanna put a few more coats on there..
    09-17-08 11:26 AM
    Hmm...I never really even considered painting it myself. I have my order placed with Colorware to have them do it. Not so much because I needed to have a completely unique phone, but because I was FORCED to buy used (effing VZW and their upgrade policies) and I'm sure there are going to be some minor nicks that need disguising.

I'm getting it painted navy blue too though. I like the darker colors I think.
    09-17-08 11:50 AM
    Because BBs were made for the corporate world and therefore are mostly really corporate colours...dare I say gross colours!

I got beckymae to do mine purple cause I HATED the titanium colour. Gross gross. I kept seeing stuffy business men in suits with them. Now it's very poppy and sexy and truely mine!
    09-17-08 12:08 PM
    I painted mine to be unique. Dont wanna have the same titanium as everyone else
    09-17-08 12:13 PM
    Yeah, and now as I use my blue BB more, the more I like it. Makes me wish I would have taken a bit more time doing it so I wouldn't have to take it apart again lol. I almost want to just get a second housing so I don't have to go back to my "back up" phone while the BB gets repainted!
    09-17-08 12:16 PM
    Ok so here are some more pics:

I'm just waiting on the black keyboard to come in, and then it will be complete!
    09-17-08 08:59 PM
    Are there any instructions on how and what type of paint to use on the forum?
    09-17-08 09:56 PM
    I used Krylon Fusion for Plastic spray paint. It's made for plastic, and you don't need to do any sanding or anything like that. I just masked off the screen with tape and went at it. Apply about 5 thin coats of paint and you'll be good.
    09-17-08 10:13 PM
    dang! that is sexxy!!!
    09-17-08 10:19 PM
    Awesome work!!

Whats up Benz!?!?
    09-17-08 10:39 PM
    Awesome work!!
    dang! that is sexxy!!!
    Thanks everyone!
    09-17-08 11:07 PM
    *~*Nice color!!!!*~*
    09-18-08 10:16 AM
    Nice looking paint job. Well done.
    09-18-08 07:46 PM
    did you know they are making the saphire blue in september which is this month
    09-18-08 07:48 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD