Hey, i just downloaded OZ Instant Messaging to my Blackberry Curve 8310 and when i go to open it, it says "Uncaught exception: 0>=0". I dont know why its doing this. I need quick assistance. Im confused, lol

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Surfer4ever; 09-27-08 at 09:19 PM.
    09-27-08 09:14 PM
    Try a battery pull. Take out the battery without turning the phone
    off. Leave it out for 30 - 60 seconds and then put it back.
    Once it reboots try again.

If you get the error again try deleting it, do a battery pull,
    reinstall it do another pull.

And you do know that OZ counts as text. If you don't have
    unlimited text this may not be the best chat app for you.
    09-27-08 09:25 PM
    On the topic of that... Everytime I receive a message from say yahoo a message pops up that it is trying to access my call logs? I usually say no since I don't know what it needs that for.. So why does it ask that? Thanx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 09:29 PM
    I have unlimited text. And i tried all of those steps and it still comes up with that error. I dont know why though.
    09-27-08 09:32 PM
    On the topic of that... Everytime I receive a message from say yahoo a message pops up that it is trying to access my call logs? I usually say no since I don't know what it needs that for.. So why does it ask that? Thanx
    Actually that is NOT on the topic, but if you go to options > advanced options >
    applications > scroll to Yahoo Messenger > press menu (left of t/ball) > Edit Deafult Permissions > and set all options to Allow
    09-27-08 09:34 PM
    I have unlimited text. And i tried all of those steps and it still comes up with that error. I dont know why though.
    What OS are you on? options > about. Third line down.
    09-27-08 09:36 PM
    the third line says

v4.2.2.170 (Platform 2.5.0.30)
    09-27-08 09:38 PM
    the third line says v4.2.2.170 (Platform 2.5.0.30)
    If you are up to it technically I would upgrade to this 4.2 OS or the 4.5 stickied
    on the front page on this section.

I am currently running 4.2.2.194 and have no issue running Yahoo Messenger
    and for the short periods that I have run 4.5 I never had a problem there either

Also take a look at this thread. It may also help solve your problem

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/how...im-2-0-t-7299/
    09-27-08 09:45 PM
    okay thanks, i will try this.
    One last question, on Yahoo Messenger, can you talk to people that have AIM?
    09-27-08 09:54 PM
    Hey, i just downloaded OZ Instant Messaging to my Blackberry Curve 8310 and when i go to open it, it says "Uncaught exception: 0>=0". I dont know why its doing this. I need quick assistance. Im confused, lol

Thanks in advance
    I had this same issue about a week ago. I had to wipe the handheld and restore. Not sure what caused it but that's what fixed it.
    09-27-08 09:58 PM
    No. Yahoo Messenger is not a cross platform app. You can only
    talk to other YM users. For AIM you need AIM or one of the
    Multi-Chat clients like OZ, Instango (free) EQO (free) Palringo (free)
    or BeeJive ($20 - $30 depending on the version you chose).

Keep us posted on your progress or if you need more help.

Welcome to CrackBerry
    09-27-08 09:58 PM
    I had this same issue about a week ago. I had to wipe the handheld and restore. Not sure what caused it but that's what fixed it.
    how do i do this? And if i wipe and restore it, will it delete anything on my memory card???
    09-27-08 09:59 PM
    It may very well come to that, but let's start simple first and work up to the
    more involved if need be. No sense in trying to prune a rosebush with a
    backhoe

Welcome to CrackBerry to you as well
    09-27-08 10:00 PM
    hey now im kinda confused about 4.5.
    It says that is in (EastAsia), does that mean my phone will be in chinese letters????
    09-27-08 10:07 PM
    hey now im kinda confused about 4.5.
    It says that is in (EastAsia), does that mean my phone will be in chinese letters????
    No it is Multi-Language. You will be able to chose English.
    09-27-08 10:11 PM
    oh ok good, haha.
    i was getting worried there for a minute
    ima try it out right now.
    09-27-08 10:14 PM
    OK, be patient it will take a while and a lot of that time it will
    look like it is doing anything. DO NOT unplug your phone or stop
    the process in any other way.
    09-27-08 10:17 PM
    i'm not sure at this point i would venture into trying to upgrade your os. it can get confusing if not done right. i agree with amazing, start off with the simple fixes first.
    09-27-08 10:18 PM
    okay, well whats the simplest way of doing this first? I already tried taking out the battery, re installing the app. everything. What does upgrading to 4.5 do your BB?
    09-27-08 10:26 PM
    4.5 adds a new version of the os to your berry. kinda like going from xp to vista. but as in the upgrade from xp to vista, some things CAN go wrong. i just upgraded a few days ago and had no problems, but there are quite a few horror stories about the process as well. the program palringo is an option if you've go a data plan, which i take it you have. yahoo on att can be a pain, but with palringo it works very well. i use it myself. dont get me wrong, the process to upgrade doesnt take a degree or anything, but, like i said, can be a little tricky at times.
    09-27-08 10:31 PM
    okay, well whats the simplest way of doing this first?

Start with the How To thread I posted or one of the
    3rd party apps I suggested

What does upgrading to 4.5 do your BB?

The fact that you do not know the answer to this widely discussed issue
    tells me that upgrading your OS is not a good idea right now. No offense
    intended, just being real.

You got to get a bit more familiar with your device and it would really be
    a good idea if you read the 101 Lecture in my signature.
    09-27-08 10:32 PM
    4.5 adds a new version of the os to your berry. kinda like going from xp to vista. but as in the upgrade from xp to vista, some things CAN go wrong. i just upgraded a few days ago and had no problems, but there are quite a few horror stories about the process as well. the program palringo is an option if you've go a data plan, which i take it you have. yahoo on att can be a pain, but with palringo it works very well. i use it myself. dont get me wrong, the process to upgrade doesnt take a degree or anything, but, like i said, can be a little tricky at times.
    haha okay. What is this palringo program your talking about? Is it Instant Messaging? Im looking for something that lets me talk to people over AIM.
    09-27-08 10:44 PM
    Palringo Vocal IM - uses data
    instango.com - Mobile Messaging - uses data
    EQO - Mobile VoIP, free texts, and free mobile IM with EQO - uses data

All free, all will give you the popular IM apps
    09-27-08 10:47 PM
    Actually that is NOT on the topic, but if you go to options > advanced options >
    applications > scroll to Yahoo Messenger > press menu (left of t/ball) > Edit Deafult Permissions > and set all options to Allow
    The topic of oz messenger is what I meant. I figured I'd stick the question in rather then start a new thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD