I upgraded to the 4.5.0.66 SW. I thought I had read that it polls Outlook web access accounts in real time instead of that 10 minute window like normal? Im trying to get my work email pretty quickly versus the 10 minute window. Should the new SW have resolved this?

Thanks.
    09-05-08 02:54 PM
    i think it may have to do with the server more than the OS. Are you BIS or BES?
    09-05-08 03:09 PM
    BIS.. My email is through outlook web access on exchange 03
    09-05-08 03:20 PM
    hmm, i would have to try to ask the experts on the site about this then. I have worked through quite a few email BES issues by messing with the settings on the device, desktop software, and BES server. But I have no experience with BIS.
    09-05-08 03:48 PM
    BIS 2.5 was supposed to eliminate this delay. This link may help explain BIS 2.5 FAQ: Everything You Wanted to Know and More! | CrackBerry.com

The combination of OS 4.5 and BIS 2.5 was supposed to deliver HTML email without delay.

My emails have shown no difference at all since the upgrade. I still experienece a 10-15 minute delay betweeen outlook on my PC and the BlackBerry.
    09-05-08 03:59 PM
    I have my OWA set up on my device and I get my email on my BB at the same time as I get it when I am logged into it on the PC...I work off-site at a client site, so OWA is our only way to access...if the server is slow..then email comes in slow....BIS so far hasn't failed me in delivering in 'real-time'

Oh yes and I am using OS 4.5.0.55
    09-05-08 04:00 PM
    I was on 4.3 and now 4.5 and mine was immediate. Might be your exchange server or provider related.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD