I upgraded to 4.5 OS last week. I was having issues synching with DM so I re-sent the service books. Now I'm getting this message for my outlook email account:

Action required: Leave Messages on the Server
    The message includes some basic directions to change some outlook settings but I can't find anything in outlook about changing the options to leave messages on server.

To my knowledge our IT people didn't change any of our outlook settings (though they aren't really helpful with BBs) and my co-workers with BBs seem to still be fine with their email.

Help!!
    Thank you!
    04-25-09 03:05 PM
    In order for the BIS to get email to your device with outlook open, you need to go into your email acount setting in outlook and change in the advanced area. there will be check box to leave a copy of message on the server. WHat version of outlook are you using?
    04-25-09 03:32 PM
    Sorry so long for the response - had to get back into the office to check the Outlook version

It says Outlook 2007 SP1

Now I'm wondering if there is a compatibility issue??

Thanks!
    04-27-09 03:31 PM
    That message seems to just be a part of the new BIS 2.6.

I believe that it's just a reminder message to make sure that you have your Outlook set to "Keep Messages on the Server" so that they will be there to get pushed to the BlackBerry. I don't believe that it represents a problem.

It seems to be a default message since the BIS can't tell what your settings are as it doesn't have access to your computer.

To check your settings in Outlook, go to Tools > Account Settings, then double click on the email address, click on the "More Settings ..." button and click the "Advance" tab and check the box next to "Leave a copy on the server". You can set the number of days if you wish. Save the settings. Repeat for other addresses if needed.
    04-27-09 07:33 PM
    Thank you both for your guidance! On Outlook I get all the way to the Advanced tab but there is no option to leave a copy of the message on the server.

On the Advanced tab it gives the following options:
    Mailboxes - open these additional mailboxes - add
    Cached Exchange Mode Settings
    - Use Cached Exchange Mode
    -Download shared folders
    -Download public folder favorites
    Mailbox Mode - "Outlook is running in Unicode Mode against Microsoft Exchange"
    And a button to go to Offline Folder File Settings

We use an exchange account - does that matter? Anything I need to change in BIS Advanced settings?

Thank you !
    05-01-09 10:26 AM
    looks like you are on outlook 2003. i'm having the same issue. anyone know what these settings should read?
    05-11-09 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD