Environment:
    • I have a bb curve 8310
    • My work email runs on Outlook using Exchange
    • Desktop computer uses Outlook 2007, Windows XP
    • I am using the company bb enterprise server

Problem:
    I have a number of rules set up in Outlook to take emails from a certain email address(s) and file them in a designated subfolder. All of the rules work on Outlook and all but one works on my bb. One coworkers email address for which I have a rule setup the same way as all the others, does not deliver the emails from that person to my bb, nor puts the messages in the subfolder on my bb; however, the rule works fine within Outlook.

Background/scenarios tested:
    • The persons emails I am not receiving on my bb is a new employee and has a new user email account. When she first started, I did receive her emails to my bb. I noticed that her name was spelled incorrectly in the company global address book (used in Outlook) so I had the name corrected (the email address did not change). It was after that occurred that this problem started. I have contacted the IT people at my office and they say everything looks okay on their end and don't have any suggestions.
    • If I turn off the rule, the message will be delivered to my bb.
    • I have deleted the rule and created it new and the problem still exists.
    • I have checked to see that the folder is checked for reconciliation.

Anyone have any suggestions for what else I can try?

Thanks!
    06-13-08 08:43 AM
    Did you ever get a resolution for this?

I am having a similar problem but it affects all of my messages not being received on the bb if I have a rule set up in Outlook to move messages received to a subfolder in Outlook.

If I turn the rule off so that the email from that person goes into the inbox then the message also goes to the bb

Thanks for any help on this that you may have found.

Jack
    08-20-08 09:27 AM
    Have you also put Desktop notification on for that Rule.. if so then outlook keeps this rule as Client Rule only. this will not propagate to BB.
    08-07-14 02:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD