I've searched and read past posts but can't really find an answer.

I already have the sync option set so that it keeps appointments forever, yet when I sync, it is constantly deleting old appointments. Sometimes, less than two weeks old. I need to keep these appointments so I can refer back to dates for work and I don't know why it is deleting them. The deletions appear under "the following changes will be made to Outlook" which I think means that the appointments were deleted on the device first but I cannot find an option that prevents this.

I use MS Outlook 2003 and all my BB software is up to date. My free memory is fine. I have a memory card for all my media so the device memory is good. On DM, I have the option to transfer all scheduled items.

Why do they have the option to keep appointments FOREVER if it is going to go and deleted them anyway???

Jim
    05-11-09 09:24 AM
    I am still having this problem... Is it possible at least to have the new appointments sync to both outlook and the device but delete the old appointments from the device ONLY?

This is really becomming a problem... I have all setting so it KEEPS items forever, yet it keeps deleting items?!?!?!
    06-08-09 07:56 AM
    I've searched and read past posts but can't really find an answer.

I already have the sync option set so that it keeps appointments forever, yet when I sync, it is constantly deleting old appointments. Sometimes, less than two weeks old. I need to keep these appointments so I can refer back to dates for work and I don't know why it is deleting them. The deletions appear under "the following changes will be made to Outlook" which I think means that the appointments were deleted on the device first but I cannot find an option that prevents this.

I use MS Outlook 2003 and all my BB software is up to date. My free memory is fine. I have a memory card for all my media so the device memory is good. On DM, I have the option to transfer all scheduled items.

Why do they have the option to keep appointments FOREVER if it is going to go and deleted them anyway???

Jim
    I am having the same problem and it is driving me crazy!!! I need my appts kept on my computer (I don't care if old appts are deleted from my phone)! I have plenty of memory and the calendar setting set to Forever. Arggghhh!!
    05-26-10 08:42 AM
    Jim,

Well at least you are 'able' to sync your calendar. I have been to the Sprint Store twice to resolve my issue of not having any luck with sync using the USB cable to my laptop. Only the contacts from Outlook go through. Does anyone out there have any ideas what could be wrong. When I first got the 8830 in August 2009, it worked.

Thanks,
    Steve
    05-26-10 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD