Is there an out of office setting on this phone I am missing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 12:26 AM
    Is there an out of office setting on this phone I am missing?

There are several built-in profiles, plus you can create your own. What would you want an "out of office setting" to do?
    07-15-08 12:45 AM
    I am sorry.

I was talking about an out of office setting for email. So I can create one email to be sent out for all my email accounts when I am on vacation.

07-15-08 01:16 AM
    No problem. Look under Messages/options/email settings.

07-15-08 01:19 AM
    I haven't seen a setting for it yet.
    07-15-08 01:22 AM
    Jeff, this may be a 8330, CDMA or BES thing only. I only have
    Confirm Delivery ....... y/n
    Confirm Read ........... y/n
    Send Read Reciepts .. y/n

This is on my 8100 since my 8310 is off for repair in sunny Houston right now.

I have always set up Out of Office from Outlook and even then this is a heck of a lot easier if you are on a company server running Microsoft Exchange. Without Exchange, you need to leave Outlook running on your PC 24/7.
    07-15-08 01:45 AM
    Jeff, this may be a 8330, CDMA or BES thing only. I only have
    Confirm Delivery ....... y/n
    Confirm Read ........... y/n
    Send Read Reciepts .. y/n

That is the same with me. I don't think we have this option on BIS. O well

Thanks all

07-15-08 02:00 AM
    Sorry about that. I've always been on a BES, so my perception of "normal" is skewed. I knew something was amiss when I saw Kronk's post. And, of course, if it was a obvious as it appears on my phone, the OP would not have needed to ask the question in the first place.

07-15-08 04:14 AM
    Sorry about that. I've always been on a BES, so my perception of "normal" is skewed. I knew something was amiss when I saw Kronk's post. And, of course, if it was a obvious as it appears on my phone, the OP would not have needed to ask the question in the first place.

As soon as I find out what 'normal' is, I shall be sure to let everybody know.
    07-15-08 05:53 AM
    Two things I've always accepted as the-way-it-is, i.e. "normal" have now been shown to be "BES-normal." Whether all BES, or just my employer's implementation, I don't know. Out-of-Office, and "Keep Forever."
    "Forever" in BES-normal is 13 months. Only recurring events show on my Outlook calendar before May 2007. I thought that was normal, until I read another poster who had 3000+ appts going back years sync'd to his Outlook.

There's nothing in the blackberry menus to show what's normal and what's BES-normal. I wonder what else that I think is normal is BES-normal instead?

07-15-08 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD