Ok -- so I decided that I was going to upgrade my OS last night -- ran into issues, so I thought I'd go to bed and deal with it tonight...Same issues are still running rampent...so I'm begging for help...

I'm a Sprint Customer and I have downloaded the lastest Alltel version of 4.5. I have installed it on my computer (without issue). Crackmem reconizes that 4.5 is on the computer and will remove my vendor.xml file, etc. However, if I go into the Research in Motion folder in my computer, there is no vendor.xml file or apploader folder or any of the items listed in the forums as supposed to be there. I downgraded my DM today back to 4.3, but the DM will not pick up the new OS on the machine when the phone is plugged in.

I have followed all of the instructions in other forums on how to do this...I'm getting quite frustrated and annoyed...

Can anyone help me??? please?????
    01-04-09 12:16 AM
    I would just try downloading it from another download place (Blackberry, AT&T, Sprint, etc.) and then Start>Prog Files>Common files>RIM>Apploader & delete the vendor file.
    01-04-09 12:23 AM
    I would just try downloading it from another download place (Blackberry, AT&T, Sprint, etc.) and then Start>Prog Files>Common files>RIM>Apploader & delete the vendor file.
    The only thing I can't figure out is why I don't have the same file structure -- mine is listed as Research in Motion/Blackberry -- there is no RIM/Apploader....it doesn't exist on my computer....

I'm so clueless...and frustrated....
    01-04-09 12:26 AM
    It sounds like you aren't following the correct path. If you miss the Common Files folder, you will get to the wrong RIM folder and won't find the files you are looking for. I'm not at a PC, so I can't give you the full path, but missing the Common Files folder is a common mistake.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 12:27 AM
    I think I finally got it -- I found the correct folder (Thanks Jeff!!!), and deleted what needed to be deleted. Then I went through and used the apploader in the apploader folder and it worked...upgrading now!
    01-04-09 12:31 AM
    You're welcome. Glad to help. Enjoy your new OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 12:36 AM
    nevermind...post edited
    Last edited by Baedarlboo; 01-04-09 at 12:48 AM.
    01-04-09 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD